Nuzlocke Shenanigans Abound
For those who aren't aware, I'm trash at Pokémon, so of course, I gotta Nuzlocke and suffer. Rather than litter the stream with passing commentary of my misadventures, I'll just be updating this journal entry.
Let's do this.
START: March 8th, 2011
START: February 8th, 2012
START: November 22nd, 2016
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and will be released or perma-boxed.
2. Only the first Pokémon encountered in each unique area may be caught and used.
--2a. If the first encountered Pokémon is a duplicate or a member of an already caught evolution line, then you have 1 more chance to find a new Pokémon to catch. This Pokémon cannot be caught.
--2b. If the first encountered Pokémon is a duplicate or a member of an already caught evolution line, and the "original" Pokémon has fallen, then this Pokémon may be caught. No other encounters of this area may be caught.
--2c. If you choose to catch other Pokémon that do not follow the first encounter rule, then that Pokémon may not be used. If this particular Pokémon is encountered first in future areas, it may not be caught and used. This does not imply for other members of its evolution line.
3. No unnatural healing items, including status-healing items. Berries and other hold items are allowed.
4. Pokémon Centers and any other healing spots are allowed.
5. Legendaries are perma-boxed.
6. Nickname all caught Pokémon.
7. If a blackout/whiteout occurs, the game is over, and the run has failed.
8. Run ends when the Champion is defeated. (At least, I think that's where stuff mostly end for Platinum. Not interested in the Frontier)
Note: I will only be listing the Pokémon's nickname in alphabetic order. What species, level, gender, etc... will remain unlisted
• When the first battle feels like an omen for all following battles.
• When you don't want to give up on a Pokémon in a Nuzlocke, but given its performance, you really feel like it might not make it... rip
• See first bullet; it was.
• Day 1: Pokémon starts using Struggle
This can only end well.
• Realizing what DP meant about Kricketots after battling 5 in a row. Highly unnecessary.
• It's only day 1, but I have 5 Pokémon, and somehow, this gives me bad vibes.
• The grind is real.
• I keep forgetting that I've allowed myself to switch out Pokémon in non-Trainer battles (I didn't list it in the rules, whoops, even though I default to no switching out unless given the prompt).
• Watch me take this rock to beat up other rocks.
• I could potentially try to raise a Gyarados. I've never done it before. Not sure if I want to.
• I have a full team now. For Black, I basically had a no-box run, so any Pokémon manually put into the Box or remained in the Box after its capture could not be used, which makes it easier to just focus on the Pokémon at hand, but without that rule... :T Well, it's a good contingency for now.
• “Who gave you your first Pokémon? Your first is the one with the most fond memories, I think.” - Youngster Tyler
• When battles involve the two Pokémon senselessly beating each other up with the same move
• I now have 1 Pokémon in my Box, and IDK how to feel about it
• I FORGOT ABOUT POISONING. GOSH, POISON DEATHS ARE A POSSIBILITY
• Sometimes, I make really bad decisions. Other times, I MAKE REALLY BAD DECISIONS.
• Did I say grinding? Say "hello" to Cheryl.
• I WANT THAT POKÉMON ON MY TEAM, BUT I AM ALSO OKAY WITH MY ENTIRE TEAM ATM, but I say that without thinking about what I'll have to face. Um, what is Sinnoh like again...
• I'm not saying that I've OHKOed that Chansey with some friendly fire, but I may have.
• Though, watching it get Frustration'ed to death was amusing-- until I realized I had to take out two Pokémon on my own LOL.
• Selfdestruct? :^)
• Cheryl gives us the Soothe Bell. I'm... going to need that.
• I thought I had abused Cheryl as a healer for grinding, but then I realize, oh, no, my level is just right. Welp.
• As an afterthought, gosh, what is a naming sense? Then again, the nicknames on my Black run are just as bad.
• "You can catch Pokémon anywhere. What's so special about them? Trainers that lose theirs should quit whining and catch some more!" -- Team Galactic Grunt
• :U It may be because I'm very reluctant to grind in the case I overgrind, but it seems like I'm always about the "correct" level. I say this because my team continues to have near-death experiences. Send help.
• I has eg. Eg... will hatch! Tem... proud parent! But that aside, Bulbapedia tells me that there's a guy in Courmarine City that says that Pokémon Eggs are more like "cradles" than eggs, and I just.
• When you don't pay attention and suddenly get into a Trainer battle.
• Suddenly, Psychic types.
• EXP share... HMMMMM.....
START: December 7th, 2016