Working to Music?

Page 1 of 1  1
February 3, 2011 3:16am
To be honest, I can't work /well/ to music. It's distracting and feels weird. Does anyone else get this?
They're boring-ers! They're blue... boring-ers!
February 3, 2011 4:09am
I do, I find listening to music is ok when I'm at my computer and either doing something like drawing or talking over MSN or something, but in general if it requires more brain involvement than that (eg. reading, coding, writing, etc.) I find it completely distracting.

Listening to music is something I like to give my full attention to (or at least, nearly full), and so I don't usually play it in the background.
lanturn cloyster camerupt shuckle girafarig mareep tendulkar skarmory groudon electrode

Odd one out! :D
It turns out a lot of my favourite pokemon are water types, which I never knew.
February 3, 2011 6:08am
Like Electron, I can listen to music during normal activities, but it's coding or something I can only listen to more "mindless" music (especially with no lyrics): techno/trance, some classical, smooth jazz..
February 3, 2011 3:44pm
I'll listen to my music practically any time I capable of doing so, whether it's in school or on the bus (secretly of course, our bus driver is picky on no iPods), during homework, or just hanging out. If I'm doing whatever and don't have to focus on the activity of choice too much, I'll listen to whatever. However, with super assignments that require some critical thinking/comprehension, I would only listen to quiet, not very dramatic music, if any at all.
Music is definitely my life <3
The Huntress snipes down the false heralds of death
Shooting them down from her intangible concealment
Unseen in the gentle white mist of softly falling snow
She strikes with the clarity of a flutist's delicate melody
February 3, 2011 4:40pm
Music while I'm working... pretty much depends on what I'm working on. If I'm doing something that involves writing, like homework, stories, or RPing, I can't be listening to any music with words. It just throws me off, and I start paying too much attention to the lyrics. So I just listen to instrumentals instead. c:

But if I'm drawing, I can pretty much listen to anything. In fact, doing lineart without music in the background is enough to drive me insane.
Icon made by Nepeta
February 3, 2011 5:38pm
I have to listen to music when drawing,it keeps me more occupied; if there is no music i just stray off onto here or somewhere else. = u =b

February 3, 2011 6:28pm
I need music while typing or my head hurts for some reason...
My Facebook profile~

~Vaporeon~

I'm Sasori,a Vaporeon fan~

&amp;amp;quot;So you think this'll be easy...Granny Chiyo?&amp;amp;quot;~Sasori, Naruto vol.30,page 82
I Sasori!!!

John Lennon's &amp;amp;quot;Imagine&amp;amp;quot; is a world-wide anthem for peace.
'You May Say I'm A Dreamer,But I'm Not The Only One...&amp;amp;quot;

Without John Lennon,I couldn't live.He is like my oxygen,I need him.
February 4, 2011 6:20am
I love listening to music while I work. It puts my mind in "the zone" so to speak.
February 4, 2011 7:36pm
I must listen to music while I work. It's the only thing that keeps me going, and music normally influences what I draw. However, it is nicer to listen to just plain music with no lyrics while I code! If I don't have background music, then I'll get sidetracted, come onto here and forget about what I was doing. xDD

I have run out of meaningful things to put here SOS
February 12, 2011 8:39pm
Yes, I definitely agree that it depends what kind of work you're doing. Listening to music while drawing is fine, same with chatting and surfing the web - it's just when it comes to English assignments, reports and probably homework (in most cases) that I can't stand listening to music.
They're boring-ers! They're blue... boring-ers!
  Page 1 of 1  1