Across the Generations!

An attempt to beat all five generations by summer's end

Page 1 of 1  1
June 6, 2011 8:05am
So...The other day I was looking at my White version wishing I had more Pokemon on it. I'm a rather sentimental old person nowadays *shot* so I considered transferring up my champion teams from Ruby, Emerald, Leaf Green, Diamond, Platinum, and Soul Silver, but I really don't want to ruin my Soul Silver and Platinum version by leaving them Pokemonless. This morning, I decided "I'll just send my teams up from the other games!" Sounds good right? Send some Pokemon from Ruby, Fire Red, Pearl, and Heart Gold? There's just one tiiiiiiny problem...I haven't beaten any of those games! D8 Which leads me to this...

.:Across the Generations:.
~An attempt to beat all five generations by summer's end~

OH YAAAAAAA!

You read right. I will be playing all five generations of Pokemon...kinda. I'll be playing the aforementioned four games, White version, and take care of a few things I've yet to finish in Platinum and Soul Silver. Now the order in which I'll be playing them is a little odd, but it makes sense if you don't think about it. *shot*

Edit: Yaaaa...XD Not gonna happen by summer's end NOW. Blame my laziness and OoT. I am gonna keep doing this...maybe.

Edit 2: Kinda abandoning this thread. If you want to follow this, please check my journal for the information.

Fire Red: Currently playing!
My team at most recent update

Ruby: Yet to start
Pearl: Yet to start
Heart Gold: Yet to start
Black: Yet to start

My current Trainer Card

MY trainer card is now up-to-date with a spoiler for next update

As you can see, Fire Red is first up! Starting with the first generation makes since several ways. In my opinion it is the smallest of the games and possibly the shortest. Also...it IS the first generation! I'm starting Fire Red the same way I started Red, with a Charmander at my side, and will likely be camping out in the Varidian Forest until I can find me a Pikachu! But before I can do that, I have to hunt down a Nidoran and take on my rival, Blue (YES! BLUE! >:U)

I will be doing three things to make this and the future games harder on me. For starters I am not going to use items in battle. Nope. Not a one ('cept for Pokeballs of course *shot*). I will do all of my healing outside of battle. Second, I've already decide what 6 Pokemon I will use and, barring HM slaves, that's all I will use and they are, bar none, the only ones I will use in battle. Naturally this will make early levels harder, which in this case is good! :D Third off is that I've set the game to the Set battle style. This means that I will not be able to switch Pokemon for free when I KO one of my opponents Pokemon. I can still switch, but it costs me a turn.

As I type this I am wondering around Route 22 trying VERY HARD to get a Nidoran to appear. Come here Nido! Here ya weird looking poisonous bunny!

Updates:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen, Johto Elite Four.

Chaos by Coolio
June 6, 2011 10:08am
Hey good luck! That's quite a challenge.
I wish I could play White or Black, it seems pretty fun. Though I just restarted my FireRed and I'm pretty happy about too!
Some of my recents catches; only random encounters. (There on HeartGold & Pokémon Rumble)
June 6, 2011 3:35pm
What could be worse than this?
A. FLIPPING. NUZLOCKE. CHALLENGE.
Seriously, those things are wolves in sheeps' clothing!

Good luck with that Twirl! You better get a Caterpie; Butterfree can take on Brock's Pokémon without sweat.

June 6, 2011 3:59pm
Alright, good luck with that! I was planning on doing that sometime, but I sold my Platinum copy so I could buy White.

Also, the reason Nidoran is so hard to find on Route 22 in FR is that there are no Nidoran on Route 22 in Fire Red. Only Mankey, Spearow, and Rattata there. Which is weird because that place was loaded with Nido's in Gen I. You'll have to wait until after Brock to get a Nidoran.

Also, I might suggest you catch a Mankey before you take on Brock. It'll really help out.
June 6, 2011 4:38pm
Bliz: :D Fire Red Buddies! *holds his DS high* B/W Are really fun~ If you're more into battling, get Black. If you're into collecting, try to get White.

Sero: D8 NOOOOO! NOT THE NUZLOCK! ;w; *hides in fear*

Metal: *points at his updates in the show/hide button* XD I checked after spending a LOOOONG while looking for one.

Since I'm making a new post, this'll be the new place to find the updates until I post again AND, due to the AWESOMNESS happening in this update, it shall be MUCH longer! :D

Battling Brock

After the Battle

Now with Brock beat and my spending done, I'm trying to get through Route 3 while battling as few trainers as I can to get to the grass on that route. Per my own rules I'm only ever gonna use 6 already chosen Pokemon for battling, and the third member of my team is hiding there! That Nido that I was looking for on Route 22! I'm not looking for one gender over the other, but chances are it'll be a Male. I'm just gonna use the first one I catch!

As I said before, my mini updates will be in this post now! So check in every once in a while to see if I've gotten any farther!

Updates

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen, Johto Elite Four.

Chaos by Coolio
June 7, 2011 1:03pm
DON'T WORRY TWILL, A-SERO'S COMING!
//gets lost

WHHYYYYYY

June 7, 2011 3:03pm
I always thought that Nidoran evolve at level 18. Boy was I happy when I was wrong. When are you gonna evolve Samson to Dah King? After Misty?
June 10, 2011 10:39am
Whoooooo! TIME FOR A MASSIVE UPDATE!

Sero: owo *tries to through an Escape Rope to Sero* Sorry! Thanks for trying though! ^^;

Metal: :D Yay for pleasant surprises!

Well I made it to Cerulean rather quickly! After the healing I looked over my Pokemon's levels and new moves and decided to head for what I know, due to my many playings of this and the original first gen, IS A TRAP! D8 One thing I did was shuffle Sparkle to the front of my team. If memory served right his lead would be weak to ma Pika.

Rival Blue, Battle 3

Nugget Bridge

I used Sierra exclusively through that bridge because I know that she won't be of much use in the next gym, while Sparkle is strong against that type and Samson is useable. Because of this, Sierra will miss out on the EXP from that gym. To counter this I'm giving her priority in training at the moment. :3 It leads to unbalance right now, but things will even out after the gym.

Visiting Bill

One quick healing later aaaaand it's gym time!

Battling Misty

Hoooooooboy! One INSANELY huge update! Soooo much happens in this city! IDK if I'll be able to update like this too often, so I do hope ya'll enjoyed all of this! But it's not quiet over yet!

Now the reason this update has been soooo long is that a lot happens in Cerulean and because I didn't update in three days. ^^; Because of this, I kinda skipped over some stuff about my Pokemon. Here, I'm gonna go over some of this stuff~

Leveling up and explaining moves

Next up, a small thing to think about in the future! I'll be hinting at this over my next few updates because of how long it will be until I catch my next Pokemon. XD Ya, that in itself is a hint. I will give one more small hint, I believe my entire team is obtainable before the 7th gym. I'm not COMPLETELY sure, but I believe so!

So! There's two small hints as to my team in the end aaaaand a big update for all of ya'll to enjoy~ And I do hope you enjoy this challenge and play through! Feel free to post questions, random things, or really anything here ya'll! :3

Edit/Note: If you like reading this, please post so that I can post the next update. *doesn't want to break the multipost rule* ^^;

Chaos by Coolio
June 15, 2011 9:46am
And you won't be breaking the multi-post rule.

Yeah, I really hate Nidorino/Nidoking's level up movepool. I remember wishing I could've gotten Sludge Bomb for him, but you don't get that till post Elite 4.
June 21, 2011 7:16am
Heyheyheeey! It's update daaaaay!

Since the route is little more then just a leveling up chance, I whipped through Route 11 for some fast battles and levels. The Pokemon's levels where range 17-20, so it's a great level up area for when you're getting ready for the SS Anne. Once on the boat, the second room from the right where you come in at provides quick, free healing for the battles there, which are in the range of 17-21. Now the reason they give you so many battles to level up on is rather simple. Much like Cerulean there's two "boss battles" here in Vermillion. The second of these battles has left my with a question for myself...

We're talkin' 'bout and evolution

Also, since I'm talking about my team...

Updates to moves

Ohhhhh yaaaa! I have a fully evolved Pokemon! I am ready to kick some butt! Which is good, considering a certain someone's fixing to pop up again! *sticks his Pikachu in the front of his team and heals*

Rival Blue, Battle 4

This battle is definitely one of the two easiest Rival Battles. Having just had two major chances to level up in the S. S. Anne and Route 11 and considering his team isn't exactly fantastic at this point (made worse if you luck out and his starter shares a weakness with another mon on his team)

Also: I APPOLOGIZE FOR THR LATENESS! ;w; I accidentally turned off my DS after battling Blue and had to start the S.S. Anne over again. x_x This was originally suppose to include Lt. Surge in addition to what has already been written, but that will hopefully come by tomorrow. Hope y'all enjoy and I'M SORRY! ;w;

Chaos by Coolio
June 21, 2011 11:19am
Aw dude that sucks. xD

I'm starting a Nuzlocke in a White version and FireRed. o3o
Which one should I feature here? :V

June 26, 2011 2:41pm
Yay Updates hopefully being more frequent! *shot*

Sero: BOTH! 8D

This is something I meant to add in the last post BEFORE the part about the Rival battle, as that is when this information is most helpful. OH WELL! You get it now at least! :D *shot* It actually applies more now, but it would have been more helpful then.

Finally a team!

Phew! With all that written it's time for the next big thing! The third Gem!...er...Gym!...What's with the weird tree?...*pokes the little tree*...WHO WOULD PLANT A TREE HERE?!?...AND WHY CAN'T SIERRA JUST BURN IT DOWN?!?!? *growls and mopes back to the S.S. Anne*

So where's the old guy with cut?Leeeet's look in...HERE! *kicks down a random door* ...EW SICK PERSON!...EW SICK PERSON WANTS ME TO RUB HIS BACK!!!...*makes Samson do it*...So by helping a sick person I get an HM?...So the tree I couldn't burn...can be cut...WHAT?!?!?!?

I caught a Paras back in Mount Moon just for this. It can Learn Cut and Flash both (to my knowledge), meaning it'll be the only HM slave I'll need for a while~ So NOW we can go to the gym!

The third gym

One convenient time skip later...

The Third Gym Leader

Another badge down! With three in hand I'm setting out for my next destination, Rock Cave! I'll be adding Mini Updates down here from now on, so I'll see ya'll later!

...But first! Another little hint! I told ya'll I'd be dropping some hints about the rest of my team, and here comes one! The remainder of my team are all most easily caught as basics, and all only evolve once! Now I'll see ya'll later!

Mini Updates

Chaos by Coolio

February 11, 2012 6:55pm

Chaos by Coolio
  Page 1 of 1  1