GiFTED // Semi-Advanced

CHAPTER FOUR -- THE ESCAPE

Page 1 of 11  1 2 3 4 5 11
May 27, 2013 7:20am
RECAP BELOW

Welcome to the world of Pokemon. All regions are the same, but without humans, the powers of Pokemon, or anything for Pokemon battling or trading. Hoenn has circus tents where Pokemon rumored to have powers perform. Unova is a very high-tech region and has scientists and engineers working on a way to see the future. Kalos is a mysterious, newly discovered land where almost none have dared to go. Other regions have their own unique traits.

There are some other traits with each region, listed in a different section.

Recently, the circus business has spread to the other four populated regions. 'Freaks' are ridiculed and are kept in underground strongholds, some being used as power sources when not in a show, some deprived of sleep or food to see what will happen. Most have not realized it, but the world is growing corrupt.

Rules
  • Please use at least one paragraph per post. This also applies if you use more than one character- one paragraph per character.
  • Only control your own character unless given permission.
  • Take your time and don't plot rush!

Forms

'Freak'

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities: Keep it close to their type or moves.
Other:

Ringleader

Name:
Species:
Circus: Celadon, Goldenrod, Slateport, Verdanturf, Fallarbor, Hearthome or Nimbasa.
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Normal

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Job: If any. Miner, farmer, scientist, engineer, etc.
Other:

The Bad Future

At a point in the story, the time machien will be complete and the workers in Unova will have a glimpse of the future. It is inevitable and also terrible. It is about 10 or so years in the future.

Most regions are in chaos. 'Freak' Pokemon rebel. Hundreds die every day in a constant war. The mysterious 'Missingno.' virus infects mechanical Pokemon and other machines, and also spreads to any Ghost Pokemon that try to possess the machines and Pokemon with the virus. Mechanical Pokemon are normally used as tools- now they are rebelling against the others.

The region affected the least by this is Johto.

Bad Future Forms

'Freak'

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities: Keep it close to their type or moves.
Other:

Ringleader

Name:
Species:
Circus: Celadon, Goldenrod, Slateport, Verdanturf, Fallarbor, Hearthome or Nimbasa.
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Normal

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Job: If any. Miner, farmer, scientist, engineer, etc.
Other:

In the normal form's Other: spot, include their region and town. In the Bad Future Other: spot, include that too, but also whether or not they were in the past [normal] and if in a destroyed region, how they're coping with their home's destruction.

Traits of Each Region Thanks to Twill, Sparkleaf, and some others for some ideas on this!

My forms in the next post!
Call me Pokey, Zoe, Snuff, whatever.
tumblr | RP Blog | deviantART | Silenas
This time I might just disappear
May 27, 2013 7:20am
PRESENT

Name: Zack

Species: Oshawott

Appearance: A normal Oshawott with a splash of blue in his eyes and scruffy fur. He wears a pale blue bandanna around his neck.

Personality: He is very optimistic and never looks at the bad side of things. The Oshawott has developed a mutual crush on a Blitzle named Stephanie but affectionately calls her Sparx.

Abilities: He can use Ice and Water-type moves and often combines it with his Scalchop.

Other: He has a major role in the Bad Future as a leader of 'the Resistance'. Now, he has been recently taken into the Circus thinking it's a wonderful thing he is honored for. Zack lives in Nimbasa City.

---

Name: Stephanie AKA Sparx

Species: Blitzle

Appearance: A green-eyed Blitzle with a small leather saddle on with a saddle bag attached to it.

Personality: She is very easy-going, patient and calm. The Blitzle has developed a mutual crush on Zack.

Job: Farmer

Other: She has a kind-of major role in the Bad Future. Stephanie lives in Sinnoh as an assistant to a family of Minccino that work in a field near Solaceon Town. She was taken in as a foal and now helps to plant and plow the fields as well as harvesting and watering. Stephanie met Zack in a short visit to Unova, unknowing of his status as 'Freak'. She is a close friend of the youngest of the Minccino family- a boy named Nate.

---

Name: Nate

Species: Minccino

Appearance: A fluffy-haired Minccino with a Pokemon Breeder-like bandanna on his head.

Personality: Like a young child- happy with an active imagination.

Job: Farmer

Other: He would climb on Stephanie's head to reach berries that grew on trees along the edge of the farm. When families began to leave Sinnoh, about 5 years later with him being 11 and the Blitzle being 13, a terrible accident occurred when the neighboring family of Pikachu were leaving. They owned a herd of Tauros. It was during a storm and the herd got spooked- Nate was in the way and was trampled.

FUTURE

Name: Zack

Species: Dewott

Appearance: He is now a normal Dewott besides scruffy bangs, blue eyes and his now dirty, mangled bandanna. Other noticeable features are scars around his ankles and wrists, scrapes on his knees and elbows, and dark circles around his eyes,

Personality: His optimistic personality has been stolen by years of solitude in the Nimbasa City stronghold, deprived of sleep and food. They expected him to grow insane like others, but he has only grown quiet, angry, and distrustful of others for his torture.

Abilities: The same as before but they are stronger and he is able to use some martial arts [Fighting-type moves].

Other: As Unova fell apart, Zack was left behind and forgotten. When the stronghold collapsed and he emerged, he was heartbroken about the ruins of his long-time home. Soon the Dewott had taken a tiring journey to Hoenn, the only standing civilization left. Stephanie had gone there and they reunited after years.

---

Name: Stephanie AKA Sparx

Species: Blitzle

Appearance: She is about a foot taller and is muscular and fit after years of tending fields, still bearing her saddle that the Minccino farmers would sit on to do work. There is a red Pokemon Breeder bandanna around her neck in memory of a friend of hers.

Personality: Nearly the same. She was heartbroken by Zack revealing that he was really one of the 'Freaks', now hateful and distrustful of him.

Job: Past Farmer

Other: Stephanie worked the fields with the Minccino family for years until it had no nutrients left. Upon making her way to Hoenn, she met Zack and learned that he had lied to her years ago. She was already upset over the death of a close friend and the loss of her home- now she was heartbroken.

---

Yeeep. BACKSTORIES EVERYONE

I MADE A BACKSTORY THAT DOESN'T SUCK
May 27, 2013 7:25am
A small, otter Pokemon sat in a medium-sized boat with other Pokemon. Around his neck was a light blue cloth, tied firmly in the back. Scruffy fur jutted from his forehead like bangs. "Where are we going?" He asked a solemn-eyed Krokorok. The crocodile Pokemon's wrists and ankles looked... reddish. "Your wrists look weird. Why are they red?"

He turned to the Oshawott. "Kid... you'll understand, soon enough." The Water-Type's eyes widened. Poor guy, his ribs were nearly sticking out of him! Did he not get any food in his home?

"You have a name, right?"

"Yeah... I'm Zack."

"Keep it close. They'll wanna change it when you arrive."

-----

A black and white zebra with yellow and green eyes panted. She was pulling a plow behind her, attached to the saddle on her back. A gray rodent Pokemon was tossing seeds down in the gap between the Blitzle's rear and the end of the plow. Stephanie - the Blitzle - stopped at the end of the row on the field. She had finished that, finally. After the Minccino took off her saddle and plow, he turned around as he was taking it back to a shed and dipped his head to her as thanks.

Stephanie went over to a small pond near an orchard the Minccino family owned and dipped into it, sighing with relief. It was a hot day, a very hot day. The water felt great on her warm and sweaty hide. A young child - the youngest of the family - hopped in next to her, splashing her. The two chuckled. "Nate! You startled me."

"Sorry Steffie, it's hot today!"

"How about we go check on the berries after a few?" Asked the zebra Pokemon, dunking her head under for a moment to cool it.

Nate giggled with delight. "Yeah! I think they're ready for picking, too!" He sang with his young, high-pitched voice.

A bit later the two friends went to the orchard, Nate riding on Stephanie's back. The young Minccino loosened the red bandanna on his head, beginning to climb onto her head as the branches of the tall fruit-bearing trees were now right above them. Stephanie stretched her neck high to let Nate into the tree and stepped back. His red cloth drifted to the ground as Nate skittered through the branches, cutting the stems of Oran, Pecha, and Aspear berries with his tail. The plump fruits fell and landed on the grass below.

Nate hopped down and helped Stephanie roll the berries onto the cloth and tied it up, running a short stick through the gap between the pouch and knot for easy carrying. He hopped up onto the Blitzle's back and held the stick in his small paws as they went back to the small cottage they lived in.

"Oh! Tomorrow, we're gonna visit Nimbasa City in Unova to see the circus they set up. You excited, Nate?" Stephanie piped, suddenly remembering.

"Yeah! Of course I am!"
May 27, 2013 7:29am
(Quick Question, could i be a small legendary?)
Betta' Believe It!
May 27, 2013 7:43am
(Either one without powers or one with powers but not as strong as in the games, yes. With powers, they have to be either an outlaw escaped from a circus thing or in one. If they have normal legendary-strength power, they'll live in Kalos.)
May 27, 2013 7:51am
Name: Jewel

Species: Pikachu

Appearance: A normal Pikachu with a red collar with a J on otit

Personality: Jewel is a shy Pikachu. She is very sensitive. Jewel is afraidafraid to stand up for anyone at all. Jewel s veCityry intelligent and learns from stuff quickly.

Abilities: I guess I'll take the ability to make thunder bolts

Other: Nimbasa City

As a little Pichu, Jewel was abandoned by her mother for....reasons. She lost all hope in everyone and traveled alone. One day, after she had evolved into a Pikachu, something grabbed her up and took her. She was put on the a boat. She doesn't know where it is going

Future

Name: Jewel

Species: Raichu

Appearance: A normal Raichu with red eyes. Tail is longer than normal. Has a battered faded red collar with a bent, and rusty J on it.ot.

Personality: Her Personality has really changed by this time. She is.bent on revenge for being abused. Her eyes sequester red color for that. She has gotten more courageous. She now has this "I can't trust anyone but myself" attitiude

Abilities: The thunderbolt thing you mentioned

Other:

~Live in the present. It's a gift. That why it is called the present~

May 27, 2013 7:54am
Please revise your form and just PM or post on my base when you edit it.

I'll just list what you need...
  • Age is human years and at that age you would be a Pichu
  • The personality has conflicting traits. Shy and unafraid to stand up for someone. A shy person wouldn't really stand up for someone.
  • Add where she is and a bit of a backstory into Other.
  • Also, the Abilities should match up with her type or a move. [Example - Power over static or ability to make thunderbolts]
May 27, 2013 9:55am
The Pikachu's ears lanced back into the position that showed she was scared. Her eyes looked open the endless body of water that the boat was on. She shivered. She could see her own breath. It was so cold. The J on her collar juggled. She touched it silently. It clinker again. Her name was Jewel...her eyes looked at the water again. She was once free. Sad but Jewel turned to look at the Other Pokemon. Most of them were skinny and looked so....what was the word.....fragile. She heard some of them cough. Poor Other Pokemon. A Oshawott caught her eye. He looked so intrigued in the Krokorok's conversation that he didn't even notice her.

Jewel sighed. "Oh well....I like to be alone anyway...."

May 27, 2013 12:28pm
Zack glanced over. "Oh, hello!" He walked over to the Pikachu. "Do you have any idea where we're going? That guy over there didn't say." The Pikachu looked a bit... off to him. She had a collar. Pokemon didn't wear collars. She looked fragile and scared. Worried.

A loud horn blasted in the air. "We have now reached Castelia City port. Please report to the Central Plaza and wait for your transportation to Nimbasa City." A stern voice blasted through speakers. Zack hopped off of the boat and wandered around the city.

"Do you know where the Central Pla-" He was shoved roughly aside by the Pokemon he was asking.

"Get away from me, freak!" The Pokemon snarled. Tears welled up in the Water-Type's eyes as he fell to the ground. He had fallen in a puddle of mud that ran out from a flower bed. It must've rained recently.

----

Stephanie and the family boarded a small boat. "We'll be stopping at Driftveil city. All you'll have to do then is cross the bridge." The friendly pilot of the boat had said to them. He was very calm- surprising, he was a Croconaw! He had soft, gold-colored eyes and cyan-colored skin- he was even Shiny! The Blitzle looked around in awe as they crossed the sea. The Wingull and Pelipper soaring over them, Finneon and Mantyke leaping in and out of the water, she had never seen anything as wondrous as this!
May 27, 2013 12:36pm
"Hm?" Jewel looked at Zack before hearing the booming voice. She blinked as she watched the Other Pokemon shove the Oshawott aside. She shook her head. The least she could do was help him up. She jumped off the boat. The port was crowded. Many calls of 'Watch it's and 'Move aside' was called out. Jewel was pulled and pushed around. She stopped at the fallen Oshawott. Then she reached out her paw.

"Uh...are you alright?"

May 27, 2013 1:01pm
Name: Maggie
Species: Shiny Minun
Appearance: A shiny minun with longer fur then usually. She is slightly taller then average Minun. She often wears a tie, she is often mistaken as a male.
Personality: She is a very uncaring little rat, she also isn't the one to show much if not any emotion to anyone.
Job: Eh, she doesn't have a job right now. She actually lacks self confidence to do so, yet I always imagine her ending up as a powerful business... Pokemon.
Other: Allow me to build this character before I give her a history and what not, okay?

May 27, 2013 4:19pm
'Freak'
Name: Sorbet
Species: White Kyurem
Appearance: Typical, but has softer eyes and features, showing that she's young. Sorbet is quite small, too. yuup.
Personality: Similar to mine, haha. She goes a bit insane without warning since of the three years of torture she has been through. Sorbet tries to keep her head up when she can and is quite friendly.
Abilities: She can kind of control fire and ice but isn't very good at it.
Other: Same as what Sky said, sort of. Also, she was stolen from Kalos and now lives in the Nimbasa stronghold. If it's possible, could Sorbet become part of The Resistance?

FUTURE
Name: Sorbet
Species: White Kyurem
Appearance: She's matured a lot but stays close to her warm and fuzzy nature.
Personality: Same, except more hardened and a bit crazier.
Abilities: Fully capable of controlling fire and ice now.
Other: :D

May 28, 2013 2:24pm
Accepted. Sky, if it's fine with you, could I make this Plusle I've been thinking of her brother?

Name: Jared
Species: Plusle
Appearance: A normal Plusle besides scruffy fur on his head and chest. He often wears a black fedora and scarf.
Personality: A jolly guy who tends to manipulate and trick others.
Job: He's a travelling merchant who is known to sell stolen items for high prices.
Other: Possibly Maggie's brother. He was separated from a sibling at birth and will reveal more later on.

Atar, any 'Freak' later on will probably B-) e in that anyway.
May 28, 2013 3:45pm
"Ah! Hey, you! Pikachu! Did you just push that Oshawott over?", a small white and grey dragon yelled at Jewel, running over. "Why would you?" The little Kyurem hopped around the Pikachu. She leaned down and peered at Zack. "Did you get pushed over? Did that Pikachu push you over? My name's Sorbet. It seems kind if silly, actually. What's your name?"

Page 1 of 11  1 2 3 4 5 11