Nailgun Character Design Contest [CLOSED]

Winners have been decided!

Page 1 of 1  1
August 5, 2015 8:33pm
Hello, my lovelies; I am Aura-Flare, and today I want to announce that my so called "game" has shifted it's development to be it's own game, not a Mario fangame with elements of other games too. Instead of the title "Super Nailgun", I just want it to be called "Nailgun." However, I have a long way to go in designing characters, and whats a better way to get amazing designs than to post a thread on a forum populated by talented roleplayers and artists and give free stuff for it! Think you got what it takes to create an enigmatic character for free stuff?

Requirements:
-Must be submitted as some sort of an image file. You CAN submit it as just text, but chances are, it might be hard for me to interpret.
-Must have a description of your character. (can include origin, personality, powers, etc)
-Can be a party member, villain, NPC, etc.

INFO:

Q & A:

Q: If I donate a prize to the winner does that mean I can’t enter?
A: This contest is for everyone except for Inflated Orange Strawberry Ice Cream
Q: Am I allowed to donate a prize?
A: Yes, be sure to message me to negotiate the details and whatnot.
Q: How many can I enter?
A: As many as y'all want!
Q: When is the deadline?
A: Halloween! How fitting! I guess...?

If there are any more questions be sure to ask me.

PRIZES:

1st Place:
- A cool trainer subscription (If the winner already has one, then it will be passed onto the highest placing winner who doesn't have one)
- Three Event Pokemon (list at the bottom)
- One Shiny Pokemon
- Pokemon sprite of your character
- Sprite of your character in a different sprite stye (Nothing too complicated, ask if you are unsure)
- Ingame sprite of your character printed on merch (water bottle, shirt, poster, etc.)
- Download of your characters theme or battle theme (will be composed by me)

2nd Place:
- Two Event Pokemon
- Pokemon sprite of your character
- Sprite of your character in a different sprite stye

3rd Place:
- One Event Pokemon

Pokemon List:
Mew
Darkrai
Victini
Shaymin
Manaphy
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Deoxys
(All have not been caught as of yet, so a specific nature can be decided before it is caught, or if you want it to be shiny if you are the first place winner).
" I said, yep; what a concept. I could use a Gaiden remake myself, and we could all use a little chaaaaange!' " ~ Me, 2015.
August 6, 2015 3:36am
this is actually fantastic

I've a question though:
- what genre is the game? I don't want to make a whole sci-hfi character for a game that's set in a fairy tale land, for example.

EDIT: nvm, I saw the following post. this is gonna be epic!
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
August 6, 2015 9:12am
"Words, words, la la la, pew twang pew!"
Art Blog | Twitter | Reborn Nuzlocke
August 6, 2015 9:14am
What kind of style are you looking for? Fantasy, Modern, or Futuristic?
August 6, 2015 10:09am
The style I'm looking for can be anything, really. Think of the genre as a cross between Xenoblade Chronicles, EarthBound, Paper Mario, One Piece, and Dragon Ball Z.
" I said, yep; what a concept. I could use a Gaiden remake myself, and we could all use a little chaaaaange!' " ~ Me, 2015.
October 25, 2015 1:33pm
dAMN
sign me the hell up, hot diggityyy

October 31, 2015 7:09am
Name: Vulture 101
Description: An eight foot tall, carbon steel robotic frame armed with a bladed laser rifle in the right hand and a large eight fingered claw in the other, with a pointed drill bit protruding from the palm. The armor paneling covering the 'skeleton' is rusted in many places and even missing in areas, exposing tough metal beams and mechanics. The mask is modeled to be shaped similarly to a cow skull. Inside the suit is a fourteen year old boy dead in all ways but his mind, which the Vulture frame uses as the main processing unit. The mask is permanently affixed to the boy's head, which remains mobile by means of electrical stimulation. Several pipes run through his head, blending in with his hair that has grown into something resembling a bunch of long feathers. Vulture is usually seen wearing a ragged black cloak.
The Vulture frame without cloak
Vulture 101's head
A quick cloak sketch
Initial mask and weapon design
Abilities:
Offensive; heavy laser beam, blade, claw, drill bit, immense strength
Utility; Infra-Red imaging, Optical zoom enhancement, short range boot thrusters, really dang hard to kill (only headshots and total destruction will kill)
History: I'll leave that up to you to imagine

(phew I did it in time owo)
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
November 4, 2015 8:37am
The winners have been decided for the contest! Congratulations to the two people who participated!

The 1st place prize goes to Metatyph with his design, Cleon Tempyst! Congrats, bruuuh!
You win the following:
-Three event Pokemon on the list and a Shiny Pokemon of your choice
-Pokemon Sprite of your character (Will make as soon as time can allow)
-Sprite of your character in a different sprite style (Will make as soon as possible)
-Ingame sprite of your character on merch and stuff (Will make when the game is in development long enough to make it a specific style)
-A download of your character's battle theme, composed by me! (Again, will be ready to download once I am far enough in planning with the game)

The 2nd place prize goes to Arkangel with his design, Vulture101! Congrats, m8!
You win the following:
-A cooltrainer subscription provided by me (Will get it to you as soon as possible)
-Two event Pokemon on the list (after the first place winner chooses first)
-A pokemon sprite of your character
-Sprite of your character in a different sprite style (Nothing too complicated)

Thank you both for making such amazing designs!
  Page 1 of 1  1