The Last Hope

This can't be the end, can it?

Page 3 of 3  1 2 3
November 14, 2015 11:06pm
Pathetic and scared. Excuse you.
It felt like being kicked in the face by a half-dead pigeon. The laat time someone called him a coward was before a blind race into a spike-filled cave. Sure, he had broken his right wing and couldn't stand for a month, and he had to live off worms like a damn pigeon ... Whatever this strange fox wanted with all that talk of 'warriors' and the like, noone with even basic sense would reject Perry, the fastest animal in the world. He was sure of his title.
Out of the blue, the fox leaped from the windowsill.
But she's wingless?!
Perry peered down towards the white fox, seeing her spiral down and... levitate.
Huh. Light magic. Knew there was something wrong with that fox.
Perry cocked his head and ruffled his wings. Light magic... well I'll show you!
Perry soared into the sky, steadily climbing, above the buildings, into the bottom of the clouds.Doing a single loop, he aimed directly at the spot in front of the fox, zeroing onto her line of sight. He tucked his wings in, angled his beak and began to fall.
This is how you use light magic.
High acceleration. White streaks of light pushed against his face and flowed back around his tail, turning him into a living comet. The ground rushed towards him. He kept his dive steady.
At the last possible second, he broke the spell and spread his wings, turning his drop into a blistering glide, circling around the street, through a car window and right in front of the fox. Momentum pushed him over a ways to the left, but he landed upright and largely intact and out of breath.
"Silly fox *huff*. That *puff* is how *huff* you're meant to use light magic."
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
November 19, 2015 1:03pm
Shortly after Oguma asked the question, tons of other animals all of a sudden joined him in this confined space. Everything started to feel fuzzy to him as he tried to identify everyone, and it seemed as if ramming into the wall gave him more physical damage than he would've thought. His legs suddenly felt weak and his head started to sway back and forth. Oguma tried to keep a big grin on his face to try and show that everything was fine, but he collapsed onto the ground, with the last image he saw being of an Arctic fox floating down from a high distance using light magic. Oguma shut his eyes and went to sleep. He had been through a lot recently, and with the head trauma adding to the pain, he just needed a break from it all. What's more, he was probably being ambushed by many other animals with more physical strength than he had; but Oguma didn't care about that. It was finally time for him to rest easy for once without his poor sleep schedule of three hours a night.
" I said, yep; what a concept. I could use a Gaiden remake myself, and we could all use a little chaaaaange!' " ~ Me, 2015.
November 22, 2015 8:41pm
The fox turned as she heard the rush of paw steps. It seemed her powers had swayed some to her side.
Russ let out a squeak as the predator approached them. He clung to Sapphire’s neck, almost choking her.

She listened to the feline, ignoring Russ’s pathetic shaking. “As a light warrior it is my sworn duty.” She said to the ocelot, dipping her head. She then lifted her head up as an otter joined the little group. While the light magic presented to her wasn’t mind blowing, the sight of a wisp was promising.

However, her happiness was shattered as the red fox approached her as well. She didn’t like the fact that he wasn’t a magic user, he would be utterly useless in battle. No, wait, that was incorrect. This fox, Brick as he was call, would serve as a good distraction for her. Hopefully it wouldn’t ever come to that, but she had to come first before anyone else.

“I’m honored that-,“ She stopped talking as Russ pulled at her fur. If he hadn’t she would have missed Perry’s performance of his own light magic. She laughed at the bird, covering her muzzle with a little paw. “For what? A show? Please, do yourself a favor and save your magic for bigger things.” She admittedly had been a little impressed, but to be a good leader she had to be tough.
December 19, 2015 7:15pm
The burst of light magic from the fox seemed to cause the rest of the group to immediately reveal their powers as well. This was far more than she had ever hoped to find in such a pile of wreckage! "Excellent," she purred, satisfied with the answer. "I know it is sudden, but would you care to ally with me? I am powerful, but my knowledge of the surrounding area is limited, and I am not fool enough to believe my strength is enough to overcome the darkness."

She paused, glancing at the other animals who had displayed their talents. "You, otter... and you, bird of prey... You are also welcome to join me in my fight." The fox, however... useless. "Fox, you will only hold me back and waste my food supplies. You may worship me if you feel that it will aid in my cause. I will bless you as I am able."
December 21, 2015 3:11pm
How infuriating, the both of them. Still, he remained in check. A small frown, a dash of disappointment, rejection; that's all that was needed. The needles concealed around his right forepaw might blend in with his fur, but there was little use in pulling them out unless he could get much closer.

"Is that what you're worried about?" said Darren (or "Brick") with a soft laugh. "Don't worry about your food supplies, I can forage on my own. Plenty get by just fine without magic, you know." Which was true. He never intended to mooch off anyone's food supplies. Any sensible red fox should know to prepare food caches.

He nodded to the red panda. "Besides, I imagine you're not going to leave him behind, right?"
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 12, 2016 5:58pm
The foxes tensed up at the fox’s words. Did he know that her ‘brother’ hadn’t been blessed the same way she had been? No, of course not. It took a lot of training to master the ability to sense the magic of others. Or at least, that was how the rumor went. This fox didn’t look much like he had mastered anything.

“His name is Russ.” She said, trying to keep her voice level. Sapphire refused to show Brick that he had gotten to her. If he knew he could simply overpower her with words she would be screwed in becoming a leader. “He can read different human languages.” She informed him.

It was actually true. Russ had learned from several animals how to read the human language, his best being English. He knew a little Spanish and French as well. He often scrounges up beaten up books and letters as they traveled from place to place looking for recruits. Most of the reading material they had accumulated over the years were depressing. Most painted a bleak picture of fear of being murdered by their own friends. No human could be trusted during the end.

Sapphire was brought back to reality as Russ pulled on her fur. Her blue eyes followed his paw that was pointing frantically at the sky. What was overhead made her heart skip a beat.

The sky was covered in dark gray clouds. They hadn’t been there only moments ago. Then electricity started to spark between the masses of gray. Was it her imagination or was she seeing faces of humans in the clouds?

Shrill screams echoed across the rumble of the former city. It only confirmed the arctic fox’s fear. “We have to get out of here! The Screamers are here!” She hollered above the screams of the human ghosts. What was happening was a common occurrence in large cities such as this. Once in awhile the ghosts of former humans would swarm their former city. If you happened to collide with them you would feel all the emotions that the ghost had died with.

With a swish of her tail, several doves made of light flew out of the arch. Without any order, they flew off in different areas of the city. If they happened to find an animal caught in this mess it should keep them safe.

Or at least, she hoped.

July 12, 2016 7:10pm
Darren held back a sigh. She needn't look at him so suspiciously. "He... I mean, Russ hadn't shown any magic yet. So I assumed he didn't have any either." Light magic users could never keep quiet about their powers for very long, as the others had just demonstrated. Dark magic, on the other hand... dark magic was very subtle.

His ears perked up at Sapphire's warning. An echo-storm? Here? The fox glanced up at the cloud of descending Screamers, humanoid shapes in the dark fog, gaping eye-sockets and mouths, hands oustretched in desperation.

Then, one of Sapphire's doves of light descended on him, pristine feathers shielding him from the howling wraiths. A warding spell--a very potent spell, one that only a potential leader might demonstrate. There was no question about it now. Sapphire was a mark!

And in order to get at her, he would have to join her group somehow. His eyes fell on the fennec fox from earlier, who for some reason, had been knocked unconscious. Several ghosts were coming for him. Shielding Oguma with his body, Darren draw back one paw and bared his teeth at the ghosts, growling, repelling them. So long as they never made contact, he would be safe.

Of course, it was not him that the Screamers feared, but the darkness. Darkness more subtle than a beating heart. Darkness that even now, Darren kept concealed. But a ghost had no heartbeat, anymore. A ghost could see through him as the living could not. And so they flowed around him, like a rock in running rapids. And the others? All they would see was Brick the foolish fox, trying in vain to scare off a ghost, apparently not realizing that Sapphire's magic was the only thing protecting him.
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
February 13, 2017 7:03pm
[[This thread is officially approved for revival! Please note that roleplays which are inactive for over two months will now be locked.]]

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
February 13, 2017 10:12pm
Impressive! Not just show tricks for this one.

Izel watched in satisfaction as the white fox sent out a protective shroud of light magic. That was no low level feat, especially with the distance that her shining birds seemed capable of flying. Luck was in her favor. This, finally, was an ally worth her time.

Not wanting her new find to grow too tired, Izel assisted, a pale shimmer of light rippling through her fur as she cast protective magic over their group. The Screamers beat themselves against the light shield as they drew close, only to recoil with even louder screeches as they made impact. Horrifying noise was everywhere, inescapable.

Screamers were a puzzling entity for Izel. It was said that they imparted the dying emotions of humans when they passed through living beings, but the ocelot seemed far more affected by this than others that she had heard of. She had brushed up against one once in the past years, and it made her mind feel like it was shattered into pieces. Her magic had been thrown off for weeks, and something just seemed... so wrong. She was careful now to not make such a mistake again.

"We need to leave the city quickly," Izel commanded. Despite the Screamers having no physical form, they could easily drive an animal to madness through prolonged exposure. Powerful though she was, it was a great strain to keep up such a degree of magic over so many targets at once, and she would prefer that they not linger in the heart of such a storm.
March 23, 2017 12:53pm
Darren's eyes gleamed as the ocelot cast a light-shield over them. Such potent magic! And the way she took charge of the situation. No wonder the elders wanted her dead. "She's right, we should leave," said Darren, taking a deep breath. "Well, we don't want to leave anyone b-behind, of course."

Yes, the same confident voice as before, but just a slight quiver on the end! That should do it. Empty words, of course. Things would proceed more smoothly if the ocelot and the white fox abandoned a few stragglers. Turning, he followed after his two marks with seeming anxiety.

Darren noted the ocelot's discomfort. Her bravado set in a bit too suddenly to be natural. Can I put this to use? "That was amazing back there, Miss," he called to her, as if awestruck and trying to hide it. "They must not worry a magic user like you at all! I mean, I-I'm certainly not a-afraid of them, o-of course, but, uh, some people are."

There. That would either draw out some trauma of hers, or at the very least, reinforce his image as a fool.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
  Page 3 of 3  1 2 3