If I Like _____, what else would I like?

find new music for ur ears

Page 1 of 1  1
February 14, 2017 3:15pm
the concept is simple here. say what bands/musicians you like, and let the rest of the route recommend new music to listen to based on that. if someone says they like something you've never heard of then, hey, new music. you could even be broader, and talk about specific genres or types/characteristics of songs you like.
so open ur ears and GET TO IT!!
i'll start: if i like mgmt, st. Vincent, and billy joel, what else would i like?
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." --Mitch Hedberg
February 23, 2017 11:38am
I don't know bands very well, unfortunately. But if I can just recommend individual songs, Dirty Laundry by Don Henley would probably be up your alley? (I don't know any other songs from him so I don't know what most of his music is like.)
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
February 23, 2017 12:24pm
Ifci like king gizzard and the lizard wizard, who else would I like?
"Roots starve in gravel, but the dust staves your hunger;
it works its way under your nails and laces itself in your bones.
the stars that watch over you now are strangers - but with time you'll know them, and they you, and
they'll take the compass in your breast pocket
and point it home." - Twiggy, Secret Series
February 23, 2017 12:24pm
yeah sparks that's my jam!!
to that end, i love the eagles
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." --Mitch Hedberg
February 23, 2017 12:37pm
pillow, try some of these if u haven't heard of em.
- rush. listen to 2112 (the whole song is just over 20 mins but MAN is it sick), freewill, the trees, fly by night.
- st. vincent. shes got some good songs with NASTY guitar. dilettante, birth in reverse, huey newton, surgeon, marrow, krokodil.
- mgmt. their most well-known songs aren't their best. try the handshake, cool song no. 2, it's working, of moons birds and monsters, flash delirium, brian eno.
- unknown mortal orchestra. try can't keep checking my phone, nerve damage, first world problem, strangers are strange.
actually, the ones i listed are like, my top 10 artists/bands. lol
  Page 1 of 1  1