Anime Master List (Spring 2017)

Being a weeb 101

Page 1 of 1  1
March 26, 2017 7:24am
This is a list of a whole bunch of anime that I have either watched, watched the first episodes of, or have faith in, and would maybe serve as a list for anyone unfortunate enough to want to start watching anime, find a new series or contribute to.

New to anime?

Standalones

Continuations

Did I miss your favourite? Perhaps you've seen something I haven't? Post it! Simply state its title (preferably in english), its runtime and a short, spoilerless synopsis and why you think it's good!
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
March 26, 2017 12:22pm
For Type-Moon, disregard tsukihime anime, fandom even pretends it doesn't exist. The manga is probably your best bet. Kara no Kyoukai anime is very good however.

Anyway, this looks mostly shonen and action so I probably don't have much to contribute, but I'm gonna pin this
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
March 26, 2017 1:24pm
It's mostly all shonen and action bc that's what i watch the most, in fact it would be appreciated if more good comedy or romance anime were contributed :D
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
March 26, 2017 5:06pm
Dango... Dango...
"Words, words, la la la, pew twang pew!"
Art Blog | Twitter | Reborn Nuzlocke
March 27, 2017 10:45am
xD okay then

Orange
Runtime: 13 episodes
Ten years in the future, Naho and her friends open a time capsule that they buried ten years ago, including a letter from Kakeru, a friend who is no longer with them. Meanwhile, present-day Naho receives a letter from herself, ten years in the future, which predicts everything that happens that day, including the arrival of Kakeru, the new transfer student. The story follows present Naho's attempts to save Kakeru based on the information in the letter. Now, future Naho is married to her childhood friend, Suwa, so it may feel weird that she's trying to set up her past self with Kakeru. But even so, trust in Naho and in all the characters, because this is one of shoujo's gems, and probably the best adaptation of a manga I've seen.

Kamisama Kiss
Runtime: 31 episodes + 2 OVA
When Nanami Monozono loses her house to her father's debts, a mysterious man named Mikagi offers her the old Mikagi shrine as a home. But when she arrives at the shrine, Nanami is confronted by several spirits, who welcome her as the new Earth Deity. However, she must also deal with Tomoe, the shrine's angsty fox familiar. Mikagi, who was the previous Earth Deity, ran away twenty years ago and left Tomoe bitter over betrayal. The story follows Nanami's and Tomoe's developing bond, as well as Nanami's spiritual/mental growth as the Earth Deity. It's an endearing romcom with tidbits of Shinto lore. Nanami and Tomoe are one of the cutest anime couples and they're utter dorks too.
Technically, there's 26 episodes and 7 OVAs, but the first two OVAs are filler, while the last five are basically another season, because they cover the most important storyline in the series. The OVAs reference quite a few storylines that they skipped over, though, so I hope they someday go back and make a Season 3.
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
March 27, 2017 12:44pm
Both series sound interesting :U
I feel like time travel related things are heavily underrated so i'll definitely be checking Orange out (actually, i'm sure i've heard of it before)
and kamisama kiss has a pretty cool sounding premise
allow me to respond with something i just finished recently:

Kiznaiver
Runtime: 12 Episodes
A sort of drama/tragedy (i find it hard to pin under drama or tragedy), Kiznaiver focuses on Katsuhira, a boy who's sense of pain has vanished. Due to this profound change, he has become acquiescent and complacent, allowing bullies to exploit him for massive sums of money; however even they cannot rouse any dramatic responses from the stony Katsuhira - as though even his emotion was taken with his pain. This inability to feel pain makes him a prime target for the Kizuna system; a project whose subjects are linked through pain; if one member suffers, those connected to them suffer equally. Designed for world peace, the system's new lab rats - Katsuhira, his best friend Chidori and four others - must grow intimate with each other, or fail the Kizuna system.
The development of Katsuhira as a character in this is incredibly (interesting? riveting?) to watch, and the way the six 'main' characters interact throughout each episode is what makes Kiznaiver good. Also, Chidori/Katsuhira is cute

Page 1 of 1  1