Mae held out the pap...

A followup to typh's granblue crack fic

Page 18 of 18  1 14 15 16 17 18
September 30, 2018 12:27pm
Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 5

Humming, Spark made his way back to the Grandcypher, twirling his spear. His heart suddenly felt light. Just wait until he showed Yuisis all the merits he'd earned!

Up on deck, he saw Rai on the stairs. "Anyway, seems like Tezcat was in the foothills," said Xeta, yawning. "Good work today, foxu."

"Good work, foxu," mumbled Rai as she stroked Feower's head.

"Since Xeta's in the lead, she can take the foothills tomorrow," said Mae thoughtfully. "Al, you watch the woods just like today."

"Gotcha," said Avilin, clutching a fist to his heart. "I'll surely defend the lewds."

"Since Kou hits the hardest, she can patrol the river, " suggested Rai. "Ark can... ooh, how about he lures Tezcat into that narrow pass?"

"Wait, why am I the bait?" grumbled Ark.

"Anyway, that leaves the foxu as recon, since he can hold his own as a primal," said Mae. "Everyone good?"

"Sounds good," said Spark, tails swishing happily. It felt good to be recognized as a primal.

"They're really gone, huh?"
"Yeah. Forte's been recruited into the Dragoons. And Grea's been admitted to Mysteria."
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"...Hey, Spark, do you think they made the right decision...?"
(They're simply following the path to power, but...) "I don't know. It's a little sad that you've been left behind."
"...welp."
"What's so funny?"
"You wouldn't have said that when we first met."
"Hmph. I'm a primal. I say what I please."

Lecia proudly saluted as Spark entered his room. "Fine work today, Spark. Drinks are on me!"

"Hold it, missy," said Yuisis. "I intend on takin' the boss out for cheeseburgers tonight."

"Aw, I was gonna whisk you off for a taco run," pouted Clarisse.

"I want to treat you to roast duck," said Niyon, staring intently at Spark.

"Hmph, I was going to order some pulled pork with cole slaw," said Herja.

"My, my, and here I was, making a fresh garden salad with pickles and ranch," laughed Lennah softly.

As Spark stared blankly, Tiamat came in and hugged him from behind. "Fufu, now this looks like fun," said Scathacha, smirking.

And so, Spark found himself surrounded by his favorite food and favorite girls that night. "Y-you guys... Unite and Fight's not even over..."

He scratched his head, wishing every night could be warm and peaceful like this. And yet, what was this unease in his heart...?

Continued in Part 6
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
October 26, 2018 11:57pm
One morning, the smell of bacon and pancakes stirred Jon from a hangover. "Huh, did I leav the stoven on?"

Naru stuck her head in Jon's room. "Oh Jon! Onee-san has made you breakfast," called Naru happily, blowing Jon a kiss.

"K, I'll be right down," mumbled Jon. Clutching his head, he stumbled over to the bathroom...

"Lalala, scrub those scales till they shine," sang a voice inside the bathroom. "Long and pretty, ooh yes, who's a good girl-- aieee!"

Yawning, Jon blearily pushed open the bathroom door. Rai froze in mid-scrub while bridal eel happily splashed around in the bathtub.
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 6

Overhead, dark clouds were brewing. "Come on, Spark, storm's coming," urged Lecia. "Let's get back."

Spark pulled his flashspear out of another Allosaur. "Not yet... Can't stop here..."

A flash of lightning, followed by thunderous pawsteps. Spark froze as he saw Tezcat padding toward them. Where did you come from?

Fingers weaving through the air, Korwa spun a mesh of delicate silk threads as Lecia and Gawain moved to intercept Tezcat.

Their blows rebounded off Tezcat's sideguards. "Get back!" yelled Spark, flying up as Tezcat thrashed around in a frenzy.

Lecia raised her blade to cast her incomplete sword magic. As Spark dove to attack, Tezcat's tail suddenly struck him in midair, sending him crashing down.

"You fool," muttered Gawain, moving in front of Korwa and raising his axe. But Tezcat swung its paw, sending the red knight flying.

Blinking, Korwa looked up to see Tezcat 's face right above her. Rearing up, Tezcat slammed the ground, and a mighty force ripped though heaven and earth.

"Okay, final turn! Prepare for defeat."
"Rrrrrr..."
"Wha? I rolled a 1?!"
"Oh look, I rolled a 6. Looks like I win."
"Nooo! That's not possible!"
"Alright, now pay up."
"Fiiiine! Here you go, my emerald cane."
"Fufu, now this is a pretty staff."
"Waaait, did you do something to the dice? You sly fox!"

Slowly, Spark lifted his head. Korwa, Lecia, and Gawain lay strewn around him in the mud.

Tails spreading, Spark raised his seven Tiamat Bolts at Tezcat and fired. Every single one jammed. "Damn...!"

He stared bleakly as Tezcat advanced toward him. Had all his tactics, all his strategizing been for nothing?

Only now did he see that the conflict in his heart, his jealousy and doubt, only weakened him. Indeed, how could he have hoped to face the full might of Tezcatliopca, primal of storms and conflict?

A merciless snarl consumed him.

Continued in Part 7

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 7

"Still no word from the fox?" said Maestra. Xeta shook her head.

Rackam stared up at the dark sky. "A bad storm's coming, dancho. We'd best get inside."

Rai patted Mae's head. "Don't worry. Like you said last night, Spark can hold his own."

At the bow, Yuisis gazed across the island as the others headed below deck. Her eyes narrowed. Taking her sword and shield, she disembarked the ship without a word.

"Yeah! Go, go, Carmelina-saaan!"
"And the shirt off my back!"
"Lyria, avert your eyes. There's some Erune taking off his shirt."
"Ah! That's not an Erune, that's a primal!"
"Oh dear. The girl in blue is a sharp one."
"So that's what skyfarers look like..."

Yuisis ran down the ridge, boots splashing in the rain. Gawain was sitting up while Lecia checked Korwa's vitals. Spark was nowhere in sight. "What happened?" asked Yuisis grimly.

"Tezcat happened," said Lecia as she finished patching up Korwa. "Her condition's stable. She'll live to fight another day."

"Thought Tezcat would go down easily," grunted Gawain. "But it was much stronger this time. As if something was feeding it. Heh, looks like I still have a ways to go before I learn."

Yuisis shook. Her bangs spilled over her eyes. "And Spark...?"

None of them answered aloud. In the distance, they could hear Tezcat still prowling. Unable to look Yuisis in the eye, Lecia pointed into the dark.

With growing dread, Yuisis turned around. A flashspear lay nearby on the ground, surrounded by scraps of bloody apsaras garments. In the middle lay a glowing crystal.

A lump rose in Yuisis's throat. She picked up the crystal. It was warm to the touch. A gentle, rippling warmth, like the soft feel of Spark's tails.

There was no doubt about it. "Don't sweat it, boss," murmured Yuisis. "You're gonna be okay now." Clutching the primal core to her chest, she gently kissed it.

As if reacting to her, the crystal began to glow with a bright light...

Continued in Part 8

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
November 24, 2018 3:17pm
Mae held out the pap: Azur Lane edition

Mae held out the paper cups. Ark, Jon, Al, Spark, and Uni each took a cup. "Thanks for dropping in, Oxy-Cola is in the fridge," said Mae, petting Hood.

Jon opened the fridge. "Aw, what? There's only five bottles and six of us."

"Guess you'll just have to cut up the five bottles and make six out of five," said Al wryly, petting Indianapolis.

Suddenly, the entire dock shook.

"watashi wa NUMBAH WAN!!!"
Spark glanced around nervously as 1000 Sandys tumbled around the deck.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 8

He had no body. Felt no pain. Saw nothing, heard nothing. He tried to thrash around, but felt no resistance to push against.

Trapped in an endless cycle. Primals had feelings too. Yet he never learned to manage his feelings after all these centuries.

He was terrified. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to die.

"Don't sweat it, boss. You're gonna be okay now."

The voice of a young Erune woman cut through the darkness. A voice filled with love, a voice he knew. He felt the warmth of her lips.

He could hear the wind--

"Sparks, I want to explore the skies."
"Eh? Where'd this come from?"
"So long as I'm still on this island, I'll never get anywhere."
"I guess so, but..."
"You should understand. You're still looking for your tails, right?"
"Yeah. That's true."

Spark's eyes flew open. Yuisis was holding him in a princess carry.

Smiling, Yuisis touched the tips of her ears to Spark's. "Welcome back, boss," she whispered.

Off to the side, Korwa was smirking excessively. Spark blushed furiously. "Y-Yui..."

A growl stirred in the distance. Gawain and Lecia inhaled sharply as Tezcatliopca's head turned toward them.

Yuisis set Spark down, the ground shaking with Tezcat's every step. She formed a harsh smile. "Heh, let's fix this one real good. We'll show the meaning of respect!"

Continued in Part 9

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 9

Yuisis grabbed Spark's arm and pulled him down as Tezcat lunged at them, evading its snapping jaws.

A lovely melody filled the air, and dozens of tuning spears flew into Tezcat's face. "Ah, you found him," said Niyon softly as she floated down the hillside to join them. "Welcome back, Spark."

Gawain moved squarely between Spark and Tezcat, axe raised to absorb a rolling shockwave. "Here," said Lecia, handing Spark his flashspear. "You alright?"

"Yeah!" He looked around at Yuisis, Lecia, Gawain, Niyon, and Korwa in amazement. "This is just like LotE," said Spark suddenly. "It's like how Thalia always comes to Sparktail's rescue!"

"Keep your head in the game, boss!" yelled Yuisis, flustered. Smiling, Spark spread his tails and flew up into the air.

"You're training every day now. I'm impressed."
"Heck yeah. I've got to get good if we're gonna explore the skies."
"Hmm. And yet..."
"Say it quick, please."
"Say, what if we just threw rocks at our enemies? I'm a fox, so I'll just draw their attention and--"
"C'mon, seriously, let's get this done with."

Darting between falling thunderbolts, Spark flew around as Tezcat thrashed about below. Shield raised, Yuisis moved to cover Lecia. Her shield caught Tezcat's vicious swipe, her sword cutting in for a counterattack.

Grinning, Spark dove. His spear connected with Tezcat once, twice, thrice. This was the simple joy he had forgotten, the thrilling dance of combat.

A set of plucked notes from Niyon's lyre, and Tezcat faltered. Locking shield to hilt, Yuisis raised her sword high, the pink blade filling with a crisp golden light. "On my sisters' blood... I'll finish this with my own hands!"

Landing, Spark thrust his spear to the sky. A celestial missile pierced the air and blasted Tezcat off its paws. "Astra Horizon II!"

"Gessen number!!" yelled Gawain as he leapt past Tezcat and swung his axe in an arc, the air exploding alongthe edge and destroying Tezcat's shields.

Immediately, Lecia charged in, a whirlwind gathering around her sword. "Twilight sword!" she shouted as her blade tore into Tezcat's leg.

Slicing at Tezcat's flanks, Yuisis swung her glorious, radiant sword, cleaving through Tezcatliopca's lower jaw. "Starblade Heavenslayer!"

Spark blinked. "Wait, that's not--"

"Yeah, but the translators pulled a fast one on us anyway," said Yuisis. Her eyes narrowed. "Look out!"

Heavily wounded, Tezcat stumbled upright, hissing angrily.

"Not so fast," said Sparkleaf, twirling his spear. Channeling primal energy, he snatched the leftover vibrations in the air from their charge attacks, compounding them into one final attack. "Full chain: Galeburst!"

Shrieking, screaming, Tezcat clawed at the air helpessly as a fierce cyclone engulfed it. Briefly, its gaze found Spark before blades of wind ripped its body apart.

Concluded in Part 10

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
November 24, 2018 3:18pm
Shingeki no Tezcat: Part 10

Once again, Unite and Fight had come and gone. Spark and Yuisis strolled through the cool morning air.

He glanced at the rings on their fingers. Not the borrowed rings from the first ceremony that might have foretold premature separation. Proper perpetuity rings, to seal their renewed vows.

"Boss, hey boss, how do I look?" said Yuisis eagerly, gently twirling to show off her yukata.

Spark's face reddened. Taking her hand, he pulled her close, gently rubbing her ears and causing her to blush. "Irresistable as always." Her long, golden hair. The warmth of her hand. Her soft, musky scent. Her crisp, pink eyes.

If not for Tezcatliopca, Spark might have completely lost sight of what was precious to him. No matter how many concubines the future held, there would only ever be one wife for him.

"So, this is a Frontier-class airship. The fire-cannons are neat."
"I just can't believe you managed to save up the funds for this boat."
"Anyway, we're finally on our way. What're your thoughts, fox-dancho?"
"It's wonderful. The wind in my tails, a cool breeze."
"I won't miss this island."
"Eh? But you grew up here."
"Yeah. But I won't miss it."
"...Hey, we'll be friends forever, right?"

Spark and Yuisis sat on the grass, watching airships departing one by one. Even now, seeing the marvels of skyfarer engineering thrilled Spark.

As Yuisis poured the sake, Spark took out an old, beaten emerald cane. "What's that?" asked Yuisis.

"Just an old memento," said Spark softly. Too often, he had foolishly cast it aside, always believing he would find it again. But now... "This is goodbye."

Yuisis gasped as foxflame suddenly engulfed the emerald cane, destroying it. "You all right, boss?"

Spark smiled. "Yeah," murmured the primal.Looking at Yuisis, he accepted his sake cup. "Better than I've felt for a long time."

Shingeki no Tezcat: End

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
  Page 18 of 18  1 14 15 16 17 18