Mae held out the pap...

A followup to typh's granblue crack fic

Page 4 of 19  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19
July 10, 2017 3:43am
Mae held out the pap: The Origins, part 16

The two crews stared at Sparkleaf. "What?" said Maestra blankly. "Me, the captain?"

Spark smiled weakly. "I don't think I'm doing a very good job. But with you at the top..."

"Congratulations, Djeeta!" exclaimed Lyria, hugging Mae. "You'll lead a wonderful crew."

"W-wait! I haven't accepted yet!" protested Mae.

"Why not?" said Xeta. "You produced those idols back in Port Breeze pretty well."

"T-that was just a temporary job!" she yelled. "I-it's not like I was enjoying it or anything..."

"See? ChunniP's the perfect captain," said Xeta. "Or rather, should I say... chunniP-danchou?"

"ChunniP-danchou," repeated Sparkleaf thoughtfully. "Nice ring to it. Lead us to victory, chunniP-danchou!"

Taking a deep breath, Maestra spun to face them. "Okay!" she declared fiercely. "I'll be your captain. And we'll all be one crew. But I'm gonna work you guys to the bone, got that? So you guys better be ready!"

Metatyph, Xetaja, and Sparkleaf all cheered. "w00t! w00t! All hands to the Grandcypher!"

Yuisis stared at Sparkleaf, confused. Then, shaking her head, she turned and followed the others.

Maestra has joined your crew! This character has been added to the journal.

Back on the Grandcypher, over two dozen skyfarers gathered on deck to introduce themselves to their new crewmates. Rackam took the helm as Maestra, Sparkleaf, Metatyph, and Xetaja gathered inside Mae's cabin.

"Oh yeah!" said Mae, pointing at them. "You're my officers now, right? Before we go, I've got a little ritual." The new captain pulled a paper doll out of her pocket. "Just a quick good-luck charm, you know? It's called Sachiko Ever After."

"A ritual?" The others exchanged glances. "Okay!" Winking, Mae held out the pap
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 10, 2017 12:48pm
On a dark street in Agastia, Spark and Yuisis stood back to back, surrounded by some of Erste's finest troops.

Yuisis began to laugh slowly. "This is all you've got? You just don't respect us enough, do you?"

"Careful, Yui-chan," said Spark nervously, raising his spear. "They might be powering up on dark essence!"

She grinned. "Most likely. But that's why you're here, right?"

Nodding, Spark gestured with his spear. "Double Trouble III!" A triangular aura spun around them both, accelerating their reflexes.

As the soldiers rushed in, Yuisis lunged forward with a slash. The golden glow of her pink blade cut through her enemies, armor and all. With each step, another slash. Whirling around to parry a blow, the Erune beheaded the soldier with a fierce swing.

Spark's spear struck another soldier's elbow, their rifle clattering to the pavement. Knocking the soldier onto his back with a surge of compressed wind, Spark stabbed the soldier in the chest

Lecia shut Spark's diary, accidentally tearing a few pages in the process. "Wtf did I just read?"
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 10, 2017 1:11pm
"Congratulations, Xeta," said Sierokarte grandly, handing Xeta a certificate. "You're now officially HL!"

Xeta looked at her certificate glumly. "Remember me for who I was, not who I will becomeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

"Anyway, in order to upgrade Revenant weapons any further, I'll need to upgrade my shop," said Sierokarte. "Just find me some weapons from some super-rare monsters scattered all over western Phantagrade, okay?"

Maestra, Typh, Xeta, and Spark all groaned, but Rai's eyes lit up with excitement.

In the plains outside Port Breeze City, Maestra stared down the sights of her rifle, scanning the grass. "Hey, Lyria," said Mae. "Any summon-stones nearby? Belle Sylphid's song can lure out rare monsters."

"Oh, I have a Belle! But I think she's sleeping," said Rai.

Lyria closed her eyes, breathing calmly. "Hm... Ah, yes! There's a Belle Sylphid really close by."

Xeta frowned. "Isn't Lyria the only one able to use summon-stones...?"

"No, bandits use monsters all the time," said Spark. "Probably anyone can summon monsters with the right equipment. Primal beasts, maybe not."

"Wat," said Xeta. "How do you even tell the difference?"

"Shaddup, you're scaring away all the monsters," said Mae, still scanning the grass. "Lyria, can you summon that Belle?"

"Sure!" A flash of light, and a Belle Sylphid appeared. Lyria's eyes widened. "Oooh..."

Alarmed, Mae dropped her rifle and tried to grab Lyria. "Lyria, no!"

Too late. Lyria was already eating the Belle Sylphid.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 10, 2017 1:36pm
The Grandcypher was drawing near to Agastia, capital of the Erste Empire. The next 24 hours would determine the fate of the world--and not only its future, but its past as well.

"Apollonia, don't you think you should put something warmer on?" said Eugen tenatively.

"I am a Luminary Knight who crosses the Grim Basin," said Apollonia coldly. "I have transcended the need for pants."

"I think Apollo looks good like this," murmured Orchis.

"Yeah! Wear what you like!" cheered Lowain. His back was all sunburned because Erune shirts don't cover the back.

"Okay, we're gonna need someone to distract the guards while Lyria, Apollo, Rosetta, and I sneak in," said Maestra. "Party A will be Spark, Yuisis, Gawain..."

"No, I think Spark should stay on the boat," said Lecia, eyeing the fox suspiciously. Spark gulped.

Maestra shrugged. "Um, okay... Party A will be Typh, Sen, Korwa, and Magisa."

Typh shook Korwa's hand. "You're a shoe onion glide mask."

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 12, 2017 2:30am
After slaying a giant in Pandemonium, the crew went to one of the Rafale Alliance's halls, Spark donned his new swordmaster's robes.

Drawing his seven-star sword, he raised it to the sky. Light flowed along the length of his blade, then down his arm.

"Spark?" said Yuisis, staring. Spark simply smiled. Closing his eyes, the fox focused on the light traveling down his spine, tapping into the ancient power within the Seven-Star Sword Ventus.

The wind rose around him, shining, whistling. Slowly, his tail began to split into seven, opening like a flower's petals...

Mae clocked Spark over the head with a book. "Stupid fox! Why did you spend a whole pap charging that thing up?"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 12, 2017 2:02pm
One day, Rai paid a visit to Tramont Island to harvest souls for her beloved, accompanied by Maestra.

Rai ran around in a graveyard with a net in hand while Maestra hung out with the island's lone resident, a blue-haired Erune.

"Hey Ferry," said Maestra. "Does it ever get lonely out here?"

Ferry shook her head. "I'm fine. Drang visits from time to time, and it helps that Siero opened a Knickknack Shack here. I get a lot of mail these days."

"Eh?" Mae looked at the letter in Ferry's hand. "'Dear whipbae. I wurve ur boobs. Love, Dot.'" She groaned. "Damnit, Ark..."

Ferry smiled shyly. On the table was a stack of several dozen more love letters. "These letters always make me feel warm inside."

Maestra blinked. "Wait. What."

"Oh yes, very warm." Ferry cheerfully scooped up the letters and put them in the fireplace. "They make really good kindling, see!"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

July 13, 2017 11:50am
Ferry dried her eyes. "I just can't stand it anymore. He gropes my butt chest every day, in private and in public. He doesn't even look at me anymore, just at my whip."

She took a long, shaky breath. "I...should never have been with Ark."

Sparkleaf looked down at the floor sadly. "But, Ferry..."

She clasped his paw, staring at him longingly. "Please, Spark. Even if I'm not your only girl, even if I'm not your favorite... I just want to escape"

Lecia tossed Spark's diary in front of him. "What's the meaning of this, Sparkles?" she demanded, pointing her sword at Spark.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 16, 2017 6:53pm
**Ferry Ever After, Part 1**

At the Rafale training center in Albion, Rai flung her knives at a target. Miss, miss, miss.

"Um, this is an archery range," said Xeta.

"Shhh," said Rai, fetching her knives. Also, hi Xet. What brings you to Albion?"

"ChunniP-dancho brought us here for some silly reason. Idk why. You?"

Rai winked. "I was going to join the Albion military academy, but the tuition is ridiculous. So I'm training to be an entertainer on the Jewel Resort Liner."

She threw her knives again. Miss, miss, miss.

At that moment, the rangemaster clapped her hands. "Okay! Whoever can score 30 points gets this FREE Crystal Geyser bottled water."

"Thirty?!" protested Xeta. "But a bullseye is only worth 10 points..."

Rai's eyes glowed. "Did you say Crystal Geyser!?"

One by one, the othet skyfarers readied their bows while Rai readied her knives.

Her first knife sank cleanly into the center of the target.

Her second knife split the first dagger in two and also landed in the center of the target.

Her third knife bounced off the top of the target, hit the ceiling, and landed in the middle of the target.

Rai grabbed the water bottle and chugged it down in one go.

*To be continued in Part 2...*

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 16, 2017 6:53pm
Yggdrasil floated around the deck happily, accidentally knocking Xeta over.

"Why did we bring you on the boat again?" sighed Xeta, getting up.

Yggy gave a happy jingle and twirled around, accidentally knocking Xeta over again.

Rai grabbed Yggy by the shoulder. "Omg, no. Bad tree. Go punch yourself."

Yggy blinked and smacked herself. Several omega animas dropped to the floor and rolled around the deck.

Xeta slid around on her back while Rai ran around to scoop the animas up.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 19, 2017 12:23pm
Light began gathering overhead as Spark and his team faced off against Yggdrasil Omega.

"Boss, two minutes left to Luminox Genesi," said Yuisis, panting. "Ardent Blade, activate!" Light flashed down her blade.

Dashing across the star-speckled forest floor, Spark swung his axe at Yggdrasil Omega. "Carmelina, can you get in a War Hoop slash?" called Spark as he dodged the rock spikes bursting from the ground.

"Yeah!" Carmelina spun her hoop so fast she went airborne, a cyclone of wind obliterating the rock spikes and tearing at Yggdrasil Omega. "Yay!"

Break! The light gathering in the sky scattered. "Here's our chance. Full power, everyone!"

"Yes sir!" Smiling, Yuisis charged at Yggdrasil Omega. Her blade flashed a brilliant gold as she slashed the primal beast, engulfing it in unrelenting light...

"Yugu-yugu-chan!" cheered Lowain, Elsam, and Tomoi, dancing around Yggdrasil.

"Where's Spark?" asked Rai. "I need coral."

"He's punching Yggdrasil Omega," said Xetaja, sliding around the deck on her back.

Rai pointed at Yggdrasil, who gave a happy jingle. "But..."

"Shhhh." Xeta held up her bow to the sky. Without touching the string, or even nocking an arrow, or even standing up, she somehow fired a shot.

A few seconds later, a piece of coral fell from the sky and landed next to Xeta. "Mine," said Xeta, pocketing the coral and sliding away.

Yggdrasil gave a happy jingle as Rai chased Xeta around the deck.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 19, 2017 12:47pm
Fenrir growled at Typh, dragging her icicle portal behind her. "You! Mine!"

Sen hugged Typh from behind. "No! Mine, nya!"

Rai fired at Fenrir three times. A power shackle flew off Fenrir and landed on the ground. Rai pocketed the shackle.

"Hey! Gimme back my shackle," said Fenrir angrily, firing icicles at Rai.

Yggdrasil gave a happy jingle, and an energy shield appeared around Rai, deflecting the icicles. "I'm just holding onto this for Typh," said Rai. "I'm sure he wants a memento of you."

"No I don't!" protested Typh.

"Cerberus, why do we need to come to this dark chapel?" asked Xeta, sighing.

"We wanna play! We wanna play!" said Coco and Mimi, the puppets on Cerberus's hands.

Xeta stared at them blankly. "Fenrir gets to play with Typh this week!" said Cerberus eagerly. "Can we play too?"

Xeta grabbed Cerberus by the hair and yanked her to the ground. "There, we played and I won. Now let's leave, okay?"

"No, wait! I have cookies!" protested Cerberus, getting up. "Charon made them herself!"

"Yeah, well, I... uh... already got cookies," said Xeta shiftily. She nudged Rosetta. "She's making them."

"What! But I wanted to give you cookies first," grumbled Cerberus. "Coco, Mimi, let's take out that grandma!"

Cerberus punched at Rosetta several times with her puppeted fists, hitting Rosetta's thorny barrier. The barrier burst into ~~cookies~~ rose petals, and Xeta flicked Cerberus in the forehead, knocking her out.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 19, 2017 4:19pm
Rai arrived at the Knickknack Shack with a crate full of crystals, orbs, whorls, dragon scales, prisms, freshwater jugs , vermillion stones, and hollow souls.

She put her golden dagger on the counter. "Hey Siero, that enough treasure?"

Sierokarte looked at all of Rai's loot. "Oh yes! This is more than enough," she said eagerly. "Let's see about upgrading your four-sky blade, shall we?"

Rai's eyes scanned the nearby skyfarers. She smiled as she found the violet-haired Erune. Yes, there he was. Feower of the Eternals. She knew that pretty boy couldn't resist the call of the dagger. The steely look in his eyes gave her a thrill...

"You must've been working hard to gather all this," remarked Siero, leading Rai into the back. "And all these souls. How did you harvest so many?"

Rai whistled innocently. "You don't want to know"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

July 20, 2017 6:13pm
On a beach in Auguste, Rai was applying sunscreen to Katalina's back. "Thanks," said Katalina. She and Rai bumped fists.

"Man, I wish I could be Rai," murmured Lowain wistfully.

"Oh, if only I could be Rai," whispered Vira.

They glared at each other, then ran toward Katalina and Rai, only to trip over a giant chunk of salt rock near Mae's beach parasol. "Quick, hide the goods," gasped Mae as Lunalu stuffed her sketchpad back into her bag.

"Still wearing your gauntlets?" asked Rai, nudging Katalina. "You got into your swimsuit. Might as well go the whole way..."

"Well, I didn't want to remove the rest of my armor either," grumbled Katalina. "But Lyria in-sis-ted......."

In the distance, Lyria was playing beach volleyball with a lolicon.

"I ain't no beach volleyball!" yelled Vyrn.

"I ain't no lolicon!" yelled Typh.

Sitting back, Rai yawned. The sun and warm sand was making her drowsy. "You know what? I could use a bonito."

"Hungry?" Katalina chuckled. "Get out, that thing's huge. How would we catch one, anyway?"

Rai pointed at Jin's fishing boat in the water. "Guess I'll ask an expert."

Alarmed, Katalina sat up. "Wait! Isn't the water too shallow for boats near the beach?"

They stared as Jin's fishing boat came out of the water and slid across the sandy beach. Soiya!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 22, 2017 7:26pm
At the Temple of Draws, Maestra dumped a bag of crystals on the gacha altar. "Gimme Percy's sword!" she yelled.

The Crystal of Draws flashed and hummed. Brionac and Ascalon clattered to the floor. "A fire SSR, and a bishie knight... separately," said Mae dejectedly, picking up her new weapons.

Lyria glomped Mae. "Don't worry, Djeeta-dancho. We'll always be together!"

"Right, right..." Mae's eyes shifted from side to side. "Say, Lyria, can you go back and send Lunalu to hug me instead?"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 22, 2017 7:27pm
previously on "mae held the pap":
"Party A will go into town and cause a diversion while Team B sneaks into Agastia. Let's go."

Typh, Sen, Korwa, and Magisa got into town. "How do we start a diversion?" wondered Typh.

Magisa waved her staff and summoned Morax. Two hundred imperial soldiets came charging at them.

"Oh," said Typh.

Maestra, Eugen, Lyria, Orchis, Apollonia, Drang, Sturm, Birdman, Scathacha, and Gawain ran down the tunnel.

"Why did I leave Sparkles to manage the boat?" groaned Mae. "I bet he's throwing a party."

Sparkleaf paced aroind the deck anxiously. "I hope the others are okay," said Spark.

Yuisis grinned. "They'll be fine. Typh was your first mate, right? And dancho is dancho."

"Hey Djeeta, Djeeta," said Lyria suddenly, tugging at Mae's sleeve. "If Orchis is Orchis then will all this belong to Orchis?"

"Orchis is Orchis but I am not Orchis," said Orchis. "I am a doll."

"You're not a doll!" protested Lyria.

"I am a doll," said Orchis.

"The doll is not a doll," said Apollonia.

At that moment, they saw Furias and a team of imperial soldiers.

"I knew it would be worth sending troops into this nasty, filthy place!" shouted Furias as he went mecha. "Bwahaha!"

Mae threw a book at Furias and the soldiers, and they were all blasted away. "Anyway, where were we?"

To be continued...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
  Page 4 of 19  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19