Mae held out the pap...

A followup to typh's granblue crack fic

Page 5 of 19  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 19
July 22, 2017 11:08pm
Anthuria danced around Typh. "Hm, I want Tien," said Typh, suddenly sitting up in his seat.

"Hey you, this is an officer meeting," said Mae, shooing Anthuria away. "Anyway, how're the aidorus holding up?"

Rai grinned. "Minami adapts well to new settings. And she's great with her spear, especially thanks to snek god"

Spark looked thoughtful. "Windcat does a nice duet with Elta. But she freaks out whenever we call on Bonito..."

Petra gently hugged Typh. "Hm, I want Tien," said Typh suddenly, sitting up in his seat.

They all stared at him. "Well, we managed to attract her edgy brother with a revenant dagger," said Mae. "Maybe--"

"Soon," whispered Rai, her eyes aglow.

Mae cleared her throat. "Anyway, maybe we can get Tien's attention with a revenant gun. The 10-wolf gun? Yeah, that thing. Anyway, what aobut you, Xe..."

Xeta sank out of her chair and began to slide around the floor. "I don't wanna jump into any more raidssssss...."

Sen rubbed her cheek against Typh's. "Hm, I want Tien," said Typh, suddenly sitting up in his seat.

Maestra massaged her forehead. "Right, I'm gonna get some fresh air." She got up and left the room.

On her way out, she passed Percival in the corridor. They froze and stared at each other.

Going thoroughly red, Mae looked away dismissively. "Hmph! I-it's not like I'm interested in you or anything, b-baka!"
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 23, 2017 10:05am
[b]Ferry Ever After, Part 2[b]

Hey, get out here!" yelled Mae, wearing her captain's hat. "Or I'll have you scrub the deck with Ark!"

Still sleepy, Typh ran outside. On the deck, Ark was wearing a maid outfit and holding a mop. Lamretta was a few feet away on her hands and knees, spewing rainbows.

"Do I really have to do the whole deck?" complained Ark.

"Quit whining," said Mae. "You're the one who was fooling around with Lamretta and made her throw up all over the place."

Typh stared at Ark. "Huh? What's Ark doing here?"

"Typh, you brought him here," said Spark, tossing an emerald cane overboard.

Typh rubbed his eyes. "I... did?"

"You didn't need to make me do this, you know," grumbled Ark. "I'm not even part of your silly crew."

Mae jabbed him with her rifle."You shut it. We're giving you free passage to Golonzo, you know?"

After a fierce battle that left Albion's castle in ruins, the Grandcypher was fairly damaged. At Eugen's suggestion, Mae agreed to take the Grandcypher to Golonzo for repairs.

"Anyway, that's why we're headed to Golonzo," said Typh to Ark. "What's your reason, anyway?"

Leaning on the rail, Ark smiled at the sky. "There's a girl I wanna meet there."

Typh laughed. "Sounds just like you. Does she actually know you exist?"

"Of course! Well, maybe. I think. I hope. Maybe not yet." He sighed softly. "Oh, Noa~"

To be continued in Part 3...
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 24, 2017 11:06pm
Spark downed his last half-elixir and tossed the bottle aside. "And now, to farm for wheat," said the fox.

Melissabelle, who was combing her hair, looked up. "Not corn?"
Spark downed his last half-elixir and tossed the bottle aside. "And now, to farm for wheat," said the fox.

Melissabelle, who was combing her hair, looked up. "Not corn?"

Typh came onto the deck. "SEEEEEEEEEEN!" he yelled to the wind.

"Nya?!" Startled out of her nap, Sen leapt up and glanced around. "R-right here! You need something?"

Eyes going wide like the moon, Typh fell to his hands and knees before Sen. "Gomenasaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

The Harvin next to him cleared his throat.

"Oh, right!" Typh jumped to his feet. "Ahem. Everyone, this is Avilin, a childhood friend of mine and Ark's. He wants to join the crew!"

Mae sighed. "What? You're bringing some random person aboard?"

"Ah! I can vouch for him," said Charlotta suddenly. "Avilin, tell them you believe in justice, and becoming tall!"

Spark, Xeta, and Mae all looked at Avilin. "Potato," said Avilin.

Typh came onto the deck. "SEEEEEEEEEEN!" he yelled to the wind.

"Nya?!" Startled out of her nap, Sen leapt up and glanced around. "R-right here! You need something?"

Eyes going wide like the moon, Typh fell to his hands and knees before Sen. "Gomenasaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

The Harvin next to him cleared his throat. "Oh, right!" Typh jumped to his feet. "Ahem. Everyone, this is Avilin, a childhood friend of mine and Ark's. He'll be joining the crew as an ensign!"

Spark, Xeta, and Mae stared at Avilin. "Potato," said Avilin.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 24, 2017 11:18pm
Rin, Mio, and Uzuki were talking in the corner.

"ChunniP-dancho, the aidorus have been asking about the crew again," said Xeta. "They're asking if we're really a production company."

Mae groaned. "I'm doing my best to fool them. Is someone tipping them off?"

"Tipping off?" echoed Ferry, looking at her ghost friends. "Was it one of you?"

Mae covered her face. "Inner...darkness...rising......"

"Why do we have so many idols on the ship, anyway?" asked Avilin.

"Less talking, more working," said Mae.

Ark emerged from below deck and stretched. "Morning, guys."

"Watch out!" said Avilin.

"Hm?" Walking toward them, Ark tripped over the half-elixir bottle that Spark left lying around in the previous episode, accidentally tumbling into Ferry and knocking them both to the floor.

Heart racing, Ferry stared up at Ark, who stared back down at her. "Wow, uh, you weren't kidding about how strongly you feel," stammered Ferry.

Maestra cracked Ark over the head with a book. "What do you think this is, a manga? Get to work."

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 25, 2017 9:23am
Previously on "Mae held out the pap":
Lecia tossed Spark's diary in front of him. "What's the meaning of this, Sparkles?" she demanded, pointing her sword at Spark as Yuisis and Clarisse stared.

"Um," said the fox tenatively. "I like to write..."

Lecia pulled her cap low over her eyes. "You're terrible..."

"Now just a moment!" protested Spark. "These are just fantasies that I haven't acted on. I'd never go behind Yuisis's back!"

"Nice try," said Lecia. "I saw you and Lucio together on the deck yesterday."

"I didn't go behind Yui's back!" insisted Spark. "We agreed to share him!"

Awkward silence. Embarassed, Yuisis and Spark looked around awkwardly while Lecia stared at them. "Okay! Sounds like everything's fine, then," said Clarisse with a nervous laugh. "Say, why were you poking around Spark's cabin in the first place, anyway?"

"Huh? Me?" Lecia took a step back, startled. Her eyes darted around nervously. "Well, I... ah... uh... "

Clarisse winked. "Ooh? Were you hoping Spark would write about you, too?"

Yuisis grinned as Lecia went red. "Well, there's always room for more in the family~"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 26, 2017 11:40am
Ferry Ever After, part 3

The Grandcypher set out for Golonzo without incident. The four officers gathered in Mae's cabin for a safe flight ritual. "Hey, what're you guys doing?" asked Ark, sticking his head into the room. "Can I join in?"

They looked at each other. "Uh, sure." Ark eagerly joined them.

Mae held out the paper doll. Spark, Xeta, Typh, and Ark each held onto a corner. "Now say 'Ferry-chan, we beg of you' five times in your head. One for each of us."

Sparkleaf grinned. "I'm sure Typh's looking forward to this. Apparently there's this girl with a cape..."

Typh groaned. "Damnit, Sparks. I told you I'm not a lolicon!"

"Everyone said it five times?" said Mae, looking around the room. "Okay, now one, two, three!"

On 'three', they pulled the paper doll apart.

Suddenly, the entire ship lurched. Spark glanced up, startled. The lights flickered and died.

Typh woke in the middle of an eerie wilderness.

"Nice try! I'm not falling for it this time," he yelled, staring around the dark woods. "Dancho? Spark? Xeta? I'm over here."

A tap on his shoulder. "Oh, there you are, Spark," said Typh, sighing in relief. "Don't try to scare me like that..."

"Grawrg!" said the zombie.

Slowly, Typh turned to stare at the zombie. "Hey Sparks?" said Typh, laughing nervously. "You look different. What happened? Where's... your tail...?"

The zombie chased Typh around the woods for the next two hours, with Typh shrieking his head off the whole time.

To be continued in Part 4

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

July 26, 2017 11:41am
Some time ago...

Xetaja and Feower circled each other on the deck of the Grandcypher while Rai spied on them. "If you run, I'll slaughter your entire crew," said Feower coldly.

Unamused, Xeta punched Feower in the head. Feower fell to his knees, clutching his head. "Ow! Ow! I was just kidding. Can I be one of your bodyguards? I'll be the best bodyguard."

Rai's eyes widened. Xeta sugoi. She could do that too!

Back in the present...

Rai sheathed her six leviathan daggers as the Grandcypher landed on the Island of the Four Symbols. "We're back to finish the job," said Xeta, descending the gangplank.

"It's been a long while," said Spark. "This time, I'll return with a dragon spear!"

"I'll need a pair of phoenix katanas," said Mae.

"Hm, I want Tien," said Typh as Sen nuzzled the back of his neck while Sutera clung to Typh's arm.

Rai smiled. She was almost ready for her duel with her beloved. Heading down the gangplank, she set off to hunt the four legendary beasts...

To be continued...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 28, 2017 10:15am
Xeta stared up at the Xuanwu, three-headed turtle of the north. "Guardian of water, but the head on the right is earth," said Xeta, nocking an arrow. "Spark, bring wind."

Nodding, Spark pulled out his +36 dragonfliar cutter and ran at the earth head. "Hyaaaah!" yelled the fox.

"Guess I'll take the head on the left," said Rai, drawing her four-sky blade and lunging forward.

Nodding, Xeta fired at the turtle's main head.

Within moments, the turtle was dead. "What the hell? That thing took ages for us to kill last time," said Xeta, stunned.

"Irashai!" said Sierokarte. "You killed a Xuanwu, right? That's 400 pendants."

"Yeah," said Xeta. "Siero, what the hell is going on? Last time it took our entire crew to kill one head. And then we had to call for other crews to help on top of that."

"Hm, I want Tien," said Typh as Melleau rested her head on his shoulder.

"You're all much stronger, now." Chuckling, Sierokarte looked at Rai. "And you've expanded your roster, haven't you?"

"Rai's only been with the crew for two months," said Spark.

"Yes, but she's as strong as any of you!" said Siero. "No, even stronger, right? That's the power of thirst."

Xeta side-eyed Rai as Sierokarte walked off.

Rai glanced away with a foolish smile. In her hand were a fistful of golden nuggets. The gold that would restore the Four-Sky Blade's luster, and lure Feower to her side...

To be continued...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 28, 2017 10:15am
Previously on "mae held the pap..."
Spark paced around the ship. "Hope dancho and the others are okay."

"They'll be okay. Typh was your first mate and dancho is dancho." Yuisis pointed. "Hey, isn't that an airship?"

Rackam pulled out Rai's telescope and stared. "Looks like an Imperial general."

"General Adam, the high commander of Erste's military," said Katalina. "But he has a flag of peace raised...?"

They tried to signal the other ship. No response. "Maybe he speaks Duration," said Rackam, running around and twirling. Durray! Durray!

"I'm afraid I don't speak Duration," said Adam down in the sewer tunnels. "In any event, we must enter the capital and stop Freesia."

Maestra and her party stared at Adam. "How are you talking to our friends and also to us?" asked Lyria. "Are you a golem or something...?"

Adam ignored the question. "In order to save Erste's history, we must end it," said Adam. "To end Erste's history, we must save it."

"People die if they are killed," agreed Neu... Neza... birdman. "Caw."

Mae threw a book at him. "Let's go stop Freesia," said Mae as they made their way out of the sewers. "For all doges of the world!"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 29, 2017 8:38pm
Typh stared up at the Qinglong, majestic dragon of the east, winding across the sky, its coils cutting open the wind into violent whirlwinds.

Twirling in and out of Qinglong's reach, Anthuria signaled to Typh, who signaled to Magisa, who signaled to Sen.

"Hundred-Claw Storm Strike!" cried Sen, spreading her massive mountain-climbing claws. "Nya-nya-nya-nya-nya-nya-nya-nya!"

The Qinglong was promptly obliterated.

The final upgrade was complete. Rai proudly held up her Four-Sky Blade Cobalt. "Senpai, please notice me," she whispered.

"Sinpai already noticed you," said Xeta, sliding around Rai's workbench. "He said he was going to kill you, remember? Since he can't stand people who start awakening one of the Four-Sky Blades."

Rai's eyes lit up. "Does that mean he remembers my name?"

To be continued...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 30, 2017 9:43am
Ferry Ever After, part 4

Xeta stared as Typh ran around the woods, screaming.

"What a weirdo!" said Metera, pointing at Typh. Though he was more dignfied and such-and-such or whatevs."

"Now he's more like the crew loli mascot," agreed Xeta.

"I'm not a loli!" yelled Typh.

"Where are we, anyway?" said Mae.

A few feet away, Yuel helped Ark stand up out of the mud. Ark rubbed his eyes. "Oh, no. Are we on... the Mist-Shrouded Isle?"

"Eek! A ghost!" yelled Lyria, clinging to Mae.

Spark's eyes widened. "Not the Mist-Shrouded Isle!" He glanced around. "Where's the ship?"

"How do we escape?" asked Xeta.

Spark shook his head. "There's stories of skyfarers who wander into this wretched place. Doomed to wander this island for the rest of their days, unable to escape..."

"Ferry is my pride and joy! She doesn't even recognize me anymore, but she knows I'll always love her," said Drang, popping up behind them.

Sturm poked Drang with her sword. "Ow!" yelped Drang.

Mae groaned. "Not you two again!"

To be continued in Part 5

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 30, 2017 12:16pm
Previously on "mae held the pap..."
"Let's go stop Freesia," said Mae as they made their way out of the sewers. "For all doges of the world!"

They hurried through the streets of Agastia. "Stop right there!" shouted several guards, running after Mae's party.

Flit-flit-flit-flit-flit. Led by Xeta, Team C slid out of an alley and shot down the guards. "Woosh," said Xeta.

Meanwhile in the outer town, imperial soldiers arrested Typh and his team.

"Wait!" yelled Typh. "Why is my bail higher than everyone else?"

"All of you are enemies of the Empire," said one imperial guard. "You, however, face the additional charge of being a lolicon."

"SPARKS, WHAT DID YOU DO?" screamed Typh as the guards led him away.

Just before the gates of the Imperial Tower, Maestra found her way blocked by a hundred imperial soldiers, including Pommern and Gandharva. "We're at a slight disadvantage," laughed Birdman.

"Disadvantage? I don't know the meaning," said Apollonia as Drang and Sturm helped her buckle her armor back on. "We fight, so that I may save Orchis by destroying Orchis."

Gawain looked at Appolonia enviously. "I wish I could remove my armor like that..."

Maestra sighed heavily and raised her wind dagger. As the imperial soldiers csurrounded them, a series high-pitched yips suddenly filled the air.

"Kon-kon-kon-kon-kon-kon-kon!"

Maestra stared as the Grandcypher descended. "That stupid fox! Is he playing with the loudspeakers again?"

The soldiers stared as Party D landed on the street, led by Spark. "Reinforcements have arrived, Adam," said Apollonia. "We should press forward."

Adam shook his head. "There's still too many. We should take this opportunity to retreat to the ship--"

Yelling, Carmelina spun her War Hoop so fast she was levitating, knocking all of the imperial soldiers off their feet. "Look, a path opened up!" said Lyria, pointing.

To be continued...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

July 30, 2017 1:33pm
Ferry Ever After, Part 5

On the outskirts of Tramont, the Mist-Shrouded Isle, Rai and Melleau climbed out of a wrecked boat. "That's it, Agielba, I'm never letting you drive again," said Rai.

Agielba covered his eyes. "Papa can't drive a boat...?" gasped Ardora, staring up at her dad.

Melleau yawned. "Don't worry, Ardora. It just means Rai has to learn to drive herself!"

Rai's eyes filled with terror.

Meanwhile, the four officers of the Grandcypher reunited with their crew in town. There, they discovered that the entire population of Tramont had been undead for two centuries.

"Except for maybe that one girl in the house on the hill," said a villager. "She might be a real ghost."

Maestra covered one eye. "Of course. This, this is part of my destiny. To awaken my power as the ruler of the sky and appease these wayward souls--"

"Okay really, how did we even end up here?" said Spark. "We were doing our safe flight ritual, and then..."

All eyes went to Ark, who was leaning on the fence and staring up at the house. "Huh? Wait! I'm with you guys," protested Ark. "Right...?"

"Can we leave him here?" suggested Xeta.

Rackam scratched his head. "Grandcypher's parked outside the docks, but we're not going anywhere unless we do something about Celeste..."

Ark tugged at Mae's sleeve. "Omfg guys, please. Lemme be in your crew. It's just one more person, right?"

"Two more people," said Mae, pulling away from Ark. "You and your foxy escort. We can barely handle one fox, you know?"

"We'll pay the repair bills!" said Ark desperately.

They looked at each other. "We could always use more money," said Spark.

Dot has joined your crew! This character has been added to the journal.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 31, 2017 9:21am
Spark stared up at Baihu, nyanderful tiger of the west.

A triangular aura spun around the fox as he clutched his new dragon spear in his hands...paws...hands...paws...hands.

Growling, Baihu swiped at Spark with its hand...paw...hand...paw...hand.

Locking her shield onto her sword, Yuisis swung her magnificent blade once, twice, three times.

Baihu was destructisplodified.

"Irashai!" said Sierokarte. "One letter for Miss Rai."

Rai opened the letter and read it. "It's him!" she gasped. "He's inviting me to Stardust Town!"

"For a duel," said Xeta, sliding around the Knickknack Shack. "To see who the strongest dagger wielder is."

"Shhh, he's calling me out himself," said Rai happily.

"You can take a ferry from here to Stardust Town," offered Siero. "I sell some tickets right here."

"Rai, u fool," said Xeta as Rai bought the tickets. "Did you already forget the vision of the future?"

Rai blinked. "Vision? You mean where he beats up all the other Eternals and gets covered in darkness?"

"Yes," said Xeta. "That. Are you ready? Technically, by reforging the daggers, it's our fault"

"I'll take responsibility and marry him," said Rai, running out the door. "Yeee!"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 31, 2017 11:30am
Mae stared up at Zhuque, majestic firebirb of the... south, I think? Yeah, the south.

Raising her hand, she fired an aether blast at Zhuque.

Zhuque rained fire down all around Mae.

Raising her hand, she fired another aether blast at Zhuque.

Zhuque rained fire down all around Mae again.

After twenty long minutes, Mae got pissed and clocked Zhuque over the head. KO!

"Well that sucked," said Mae, yanking out Zhuque's tail feathers. "Where's Rai when you need her?"

Rai and her friends took a boat out to Stardust Town for Rai's duel against Feower.

Feower glowered at Rai. Katalina gave Rai a thumbs-up.

"You dare awaken a four-sky blade?" Feower drew his protractor daggers. "Only I may edge!" His voice sent a thrill down Rai's spine. "Ready or not, here I-- ah!"

As Feower ran forward, he tripped over a random rock spire jutting out of the street. Yggdrasil gave a happy jingle as Feower hit the ground. Tucking her knife away, Rai smacked Feower repeatedly until he relented.

Slowly, Feower raised his hands in surrender. "How can this be? I was defeated, not by the dagger, but by thirst?!"

"Looks like I win," said Rai happily. "Hey, the winner gets to do what they want with the loser, right?"

She hoisted Feower over her shoulder and carried him out of town. "Hyah!"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
  Page 5 of 19  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 19