Mae held out the pap...

A followup to typh's granblue crack fic

Page 7 of 7  1 3 4 5 6 7
August 18, 2017 5:30pm
"What's the name of this island again?" asked Spark, twirling his Ifrit Halberd.

"Never mind that, just clear out these monsters!" yelled Mae, firing off an aether blast.

"Yes but the ichina, they come from this island, right--"

"Sorry can't talk!" said Typh as he swug his Sword of Michael, and 75% of the monsters burst into flames.

"Yes, but the maidens, and then Xoltol, so the island--"

"Boom! Headshot," said Rai, reloading her Wicked Sick Blaster.

"So what's the name of--"

Roaring, Xotlol stomped the ground and sent Spark flying into the nearest building.
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 18, 2017 5:30pm
Spark poked his head into Mae's cabin. "Dancho? You here?"

Mae quickly pushed Lunalu's sketchbook under the bed. "Stupid fox, don't you ever knock?"

"Sorry," said Spark. "Silva wants to visit home."

Mae groaned. "Not again!"

"Somehow, this always turns out bad," said Typh as Predator silently rubbed Typh's shoulders while Chat Noir gently kissed the back of Typh's hand.

Mae rubbed her forehead. "What is it this time? Homesick? Worried about the parents?"

Silva followed Spark inside. "I wanna shoot Tweyen."

"Oh," said Mae.

"Cami and I talked to Silva about it," explained Cucouroux, clinging to Typh's arm. "We're going back to the workshop to build her a new gun. Pew pew!"

"Aren't you worried Tweyen wll come after you too?" said Typh worriedly as Anthuria lay her head in his lap, blushing.

"That's okay! We're family, you know?" said Cucouroux, rubbing her cheek on Typh's palm. "Whatever Silva-nee is going through, we'll tackle it together!"
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 18, 2017 5:52pm
Ferry Ever After: Part 11

Ferry soon learned she wasn't the one who summoned Celeste. "I'm not...?"

"Correct! Ferry is not the cause of the mist, but merely a cog that holds it in place," said Drang brightly.

Typh began screaming again. "Did you have to put it that way?!"

Sturm poked Drang with her sword. "The point is, we've found the graveyard where Celeste first appeared," said Sturm. "You guys ready?"

Ferry looked at Ark. Gulping, Ark slowly nodded.

Hundreds of graves dotted the hill. Typh clung to Sen as Lyria trembled behind Mae. "Get ready," said Mae from the hilltop, raising her harp.

The ghost ship emerged from the fog. With a low whine, Spark glared at the ship that was once his. He twirled his dragonfliar cutter, all movements accelerating.

Thirty undead crew on Celeste's deck. Dark waves shot from Celeste's cannons, bombarding Mae's crew.

Flanked by Yuisis and Sarunan, Xeta drew a pair of albedo blasters. Sen began charging up as Typh primed his staff.

Raising her sword, Rai shot a streak of flames at Celeste's balloon, only for it to dissipate in the mist.

With a loud ship's horn, Celeste dropped its anchor, and several undead crewmen began descending. Sword drawn, Katalina ran down to intercept the landing party.

Nodding, Rai hurried after Katalina. "Rai, wait!" called Xeta sharply.

"Huh?" Rai glanced up as Celeste's cannons fired in her face, blasting her with rolling shots. Xeta stared at Rai's body, speechless.

Cursing, Spark gestured with his spear, releasing a blast of wind at Celeste and engulfing himself in scarring dragonflame.

Mae's eyes widened. "Guys, get back!" she shouted. "Celeste's about to--"

Too late. A thick wave of fog billowed from Celeste's sails, engulfing most of the crew. Mae's fingers froze in mid-pluck. "Typh!" screamed Sen, diving into the fog.

All the while, Ark stared at Celeste, helplessly clutching his axe.

Continued in Part 12...

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 18, 2017 5:53pm
One week before punching crab...

Spark waited patiently outside the Rafale Alliance hall.

Inside, Rafale's operatives were figuring out how to proceed.

"It's that fox again," said one guy. "We're out of zones to send him to."

"What? He's stage 8-6 silver?" said the other guy. "Well, let's send him on some gold quests."

"He's stage 8-6 gold too," said the first guy. "Let's give it up. He's earned access to Extra."

"Are you crazy? We can't send a fox to Pandemonium!"

Meanwhile, outside, Mae paced around impatiently.

"How close you guys to EX?" asked Spark. "I just want swordmaster."

"Stage 6-6 gold," said Mae. "I haven't done much work for Rafale lately."

"Stage 7-4 gold," said Xeta. "I've been focusing on collecting Sky Blue Crystals."

"Stage 8-1 gold," said Rai. "I wanna forge an Oliver."

"Stage 4," said Typh as Cucouroux hugged him from behind.

The other officers stared at Typh. "I mean Stage 4 silver," said Typh as Sutera held his hand. "I don't really need Sky Blue Crystals, right?"

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 18, 2017 6:06pm
Mae went up to Percival. "Um... say, Percy," she said tenatively. "Xeta won some tickets to an aquarium."

Percival was polishing his sword. "I see."

Mae shifted uncomfortably. "So, uh.. do you want to go?"

"Hm?" Percival looked um for a moment. "No."

Mae froze. "W-wha...?!"

"The flames from my blade will be ineffective if we're attacked at the aquarium," said Percival calmly. "After all, how can I properly keep an eye on my vassal when I am not at full strength?"

Keeping an eye?! "B-baka Percy!" stammered Mae, going red and covering her face with her hermit hood.

Rai nudged Feower. "Hey, hey. Wanna go to an aquarium?"

"A what?" Feower stared at the tickets in Rai's hand. "That sounds f... Wait, no! I can't waste time staring at fish. I must become stronger, quicker, the ultimate knifer."

"We could check out the special bonito exhibit," said Rai lightly.

Feower crossed his arms. "Nice try. Their current special exhibit's some octopus that can hit a home run. With someone's head." He paused thoughtfully. "Though... that sounds fascinating, doesn't it? But I'll pass."

"Looks like you get the tickets then, Typh," said Xeta, handing them to Typh.

"W-wait, there's only two tickets here," said Typh.

The dozen or so girls crowding around Typh all stared at each other. "He can only take one of us?" whispered Petra, trembling.

Magisa put her hands on Typh's shouulders. "Who will you pick, Typh?"

"THERE IS NO HAREM..." yelled Typh, running out of the room.

A few days later at the aquarium, Spark stared at a dead body in a fish tank. "That wasn't me," said Yuisis quickly.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 22, 2017 3:13pm
Ferry Ever After: Part 12

Dark waves bombarded Rai, smashing nearby graves.

Moving hurt. Breathing hurt. Everything hurt. You don't feel pain if you're dead. So was she not dead...?

A flicker of blue, a glowing serpent.

Crystal Geyser. Bottled from the purest waters. From the icy caves of Cocytus, under Auguste's highest waterfall.

Rai's eyes flew open. In her hand was a long-barreled pistol. Leviathan's Muzzle. How did that get there?

Her fingers curled around the grip. The frozen reaper's power flowed in her veins. She wouldn't give up...

The black fog engulfed Typh, his trusted staff rotting away. Whispers in the fog. He clutched his head...

A hand on his shoulder. "You're alive!" exclaimed Sen.

Typh looked at his hands. Not rotting, not even pale. A witch in red was casting a veil over them. "Magisa? What're you doing here?"

The witch smiled. "I'm not through with you just yet," said Magisa. "How're you feeling?"

He rubbed his forehead. "Mm, not sure. But..."

The fog was thinning out. Katalina was casting a veil over Xeta's team.

Surrounded, Spark sank to the ground, coughing.

Crack! Crack! Rai's shots rang out, followed by Xeta's. Shoving a summonstone into Lyria's hands, Mae raced into the fray.

Sen and Magisa stared as Typh drew his fragarach sword and traced a sigil in the air. The traces of the black fog turned purple and rushed back at Celeste.

One by one, they picked off the undead crewmen.

Magic surged around Lyria, an angel's sillouette behind her. A fierce, golden light swept across the air, tearing at Celeste.

Groaning, Celeste turned to flee.

Raising his angel axe, Ark ran down the hill. "I'll smash the rudder," he shouted.

"No, hit the right wing propeller," gasped Spark. "The axle's weak."

"Shut up!" Ark threw his axe at Celeste's rudder, missing completely and hitting the right wing propeller.

A mournful ship's horn. Shuddering, Celeste disintegrated.

_Concluded in part 13_

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE

August 22, 2017 3:14pm
While the officers were in town, some of Mae's crew were taking a break.

"Hey, Lunalu," said Percival suddenly. "Is the captain afraid of me?"

Lunalu blinked. "No, of course not!"

Percival sipped his drink. "Whenever I'm in the room, Mae gets very nervous and flustered."

Feower looked at his cup. "When I'm near Rai, she suddenly wants to hug me a lot."

"Rai just likes to pat my head a lot," said Ayer.

"Spark cheers up when I'm around," remarked Yuisis.

"When I'm near Ark, he looks at my chest," said Ferry shyly.

"Someday, Xeta will respond to my charms," said Rosetta.

"When I'm around Typh, he becomes very sweet and cuddly," murmured Anthuria.

"When I'm around Typh, he gets all fired up!" said Cucouroux.

"When I'm around Typh, he wants to buy me gifts," said Sutera.

"That's just the way Typh is, nya!" said Sen happily.

Percival, Lunalu, Feower, Ayer, Yuisis, and Ferry all stared at Sen, Anthuria, Cucouroux, and Sutera.

Chuckling softly, Rosetta drained her wine glass. "Ah, the joys of youth."

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 22, 2017 3:14pm
Ferry Ever After: Part 13

One by one, the villagers crumbled into dust as the sun rose.

Ferry took Ark's hand. "Thank you, Dot," she murmured.

"We did most of the work, though," muttered Xeta.

"I didn't meet many new people when I was alive," said Ferry. "I know there's another girl you like. But... before I go... I want to try..."

Turning, Ferry leaned forward and kissed Ark. Xeta and Rai made little 'oooooh' sounds.

Ark stared. Ferry smiled back, embarassed. "Write to me every day, okay? I'm glad I got to see one last sunrise before I go. Goodbye, Dot."

Except Ferry didn't disappear.

"Oh yeah! Cocytus left a message," said Rai suddenly. "Says he's not taking Ferry yet."

Ferry blinked. "Eh?!" Panicking, she glanced around, embarassed. "Dot, uh--"

"Don't worry!" said Ark eagerly. "I will definitely, absolutely write to you every day!"

"Huh?" gasped Sen. "You're giving up earth magic?"

Typh nodded. "I know where power lies now..."

Sen squinted at Typh. "You okay there, nya?"

Typh placed his hands on Sen's shoulders, smiling. "I will be strong. For you, Sen!"

Yuisis stood on the Grancypher's deck. "Yuisis?" said Spark.

She quickly looked away. "Hey, boss."

Spark smiled weakly. "Mae's the boss."

"Yeah, Mae's in charge," said Yuisis. "But I still made an oath when we signed on. Even... if you took the easy way out..."

Spark flinched. "Sorry. I wasn't thinking..."

"I know." She leaned on the rail. "You've been quiet. Still need patchin' up?"

"Nah, all healed." The fox rolled onto his back. "Just thinking about the old ship."

Yuisis nodded. "A captain's loyal to their crew and ship. But at least the crew's still here."

"Say, Yui," said Spark after a moment. "I'm... glad you're talking to me again."

"Yeah. But the scales aren't right just yet, see." His heart skipped a beat as she flashed a smile. "Tell ya what. If you can pick up Yyrkoon from the Temple of Draws... let's break bread again properly."

Ferry Ever After: The End

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 22, 2017 3:15pm
Typh and his team had been camping in Angel Halo Valley for five days, hunting angel cores. Yuel ran around cutting down angel cores while Mary ran after her, gathering their glittering weapons..

"I will make you stronk, Yuel," vowed Typh, tracing sigils in the air. Angel cores turned to ash while Sutera sniped down the rest.

Another archangel core closing in. Winking at Typh, Cagliostro summoned Ouroboros, tearing the archangel core to pieces.

Jasmine tugged at Typh's sleeve. "Typh, you should get some sleep," she said worriedly. "Potions or not, your body needs rest."

Shaking his head, Typh raised his sword. "No! I can't sleep. I... I must..."

At that moment, a shadow covered the sun. "An eclipse?" gasped Typh.

Sudden darkness turned to sudden light. Typh and the others shielded their eyes. as Corow, queen of angels, descended to the battlefield.

Corow gazed down at Typh's team coldly. "Skyfarers,” said Corow, spreading her fan. "For years, you have have slaughtered my people, pillaging our homes. Too long have we tolerated the greed of mortals--"

A wave of light burst from Corow's throne. Horrified, Typh ran forward as Sen sank to her knees.

"Typh!" gasped Anthuria. Dodging the falling sunfire, she caugt Typh and Sen by the wrist, twirling them out of Corow's reach.

Bleeding, Cucouroux opened fire as another wave of angels came over the ridge. Hoisting Tanya's arm over her shoulder, Predator carried Tanya to safety.

Typh fell to his hands and knees. How could this happen? He only wanted... to be strong--

A low chuckle. "Oh, Typh," said Magisa. "You know what you need most, don't you?"

A cursed blade in his hands. A cruel gleam in his eyes. Suppressed desires, dark wishes. He raised his blade, and darkness flooded from him--

Screaming, Corow vanished. Gasping for breath, Typh stared at the angel army in retreat. "Did... did he do this?

Cool fingers on his shoulder. "Well done, Typh," cooed Dark Jeanne, her breath tickling his ear.

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 22, 2017 3:15pm
With Akasha's defeat, Freesia's plot came to an end. And with Freesia's defeat, Erste ceased to be an empire. The Grandcypher was now docked at Mephorash on Ravi Island, capital of the newly restored Erste kingdom.

"Anyway, we're just waiting for Mae and the story SRs to return from the palace," said Spark.

"Why couldn't I have come?" complained Ark.

"You mean at Agastia? We needed someone to watch the ship," said Rai.

"Someone who likes buff guys like Uriel," said Typh.

"Is Ark even still in the crew?" said Xeta.

Yawning, Mae and the others returned. "Welcome back, dancho," said Spark. "So how'd things go with he Black Knight?"

Mae just groaned and put her head down.

"Long story short, Orchis isn't Orchis because Orchis never replaced Orchis," said Lyria. "So Orchis is Orchid!"

"It's not like she's a new person," mumbled Mae. "Names are just names,"

"Speaking of names, Djeeta," said Katalina. "How did you get a nickname like 'Maestra', anyway?"

"Mm." Yawning, Maestra sat up. "Well see, this idol passed through Zinkenstill a couple years back, and she mistook me for her producer, Maestra. The rest of town laughed about it for weeks until I threw some books at them. But the name stuck."

"Is that why you took that producer job in Port Breeze, ChunniP?" sighed Xeta.

"B-baka Xeta! That was destiny," said Mae, throwinf a book at Xeta

"Anyway, the original Orchis is still alive, so Erste's on its way to recovery," chuckled Rackam. "Guess everything's finally over, eh?"

A door opened, and Orchid from the future poked her head out. "Does that mean I can come out now?"

Eyes widening, Maestra quickly pushed Orchid back inside. "Shh, not yet!"

Storming Agastia: The End

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
August 22, 2017 3:16pm
Donning his swordmaster robes, Spark held his sword up to the light, concentrating. Seven Star Sword Ventus, the key to unlocking his sealed power.

Awakening, the blade glowed with green light, the seven gems shining. Tapping into the sword's energy, Spark drew it through his body. His tail began to refract into seven...

The sword's glow fizzled and died. Gasping, Spark sank to the floor, tails collapsing back into one.

"It doesn't look like an Erune. Isn't this supposed to look like one?"

"Close. The base material came from a royal Erune's remains."

"But this one only has seven tails. Shouldn't they have nine?"

"A defect, huh? We'll just have to--"

..."Boss," said Yuisis, shaking Spark awake. "Hey, Spark. You okay?"

Spark stared up at Yuisis. "Yeah," breathed Spark. "I'm good."

Smiling weakly, he reached up to touch her ears. Yuisis's cheeks flickered red. A tiny chuckle. "Guess you're alright, then. Hehe."

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
  Page 7 of 7  1 3 4 5 6 7