Guilty pleasure games

Come on, we all have them.

Page 1 of 1  1
September 13, 2017 6:31am
Do you have any games you enjoy even though you feel like you shouldn't? Anything that compels you to set your Steam status to "offline" so that no one judges you for playing it? Something that you criticize publicly but enjoy privately? Or something that just doesn't really fit with your personality or interests at all? Whatever the reason, let's talk about guilty pleasure games!

For me personally, I enjoy Modern Warfare 2 way more than I probably should. I harp on the Call of Duty series all the time for being unoriginal, and for driving people away from more complex, tactical shooters in favour of mindless point and shoot with samey, repetitive weapons. I play a lot of ARMA, Rising Storm, Red Orchestra, Payday, and generally a lot of games that require team coordination and a high degree of strategy and situational awareness, and every now and then I just like to throw all of that out the window, set Steam to appear offline, log onto an MW2 server, and Rambo it up for a good few hours. It's an older game in the series, and there are only about 300-500 people online at any given time, but I still find it to be the only Call of Duty game I can have fun with.

So what about you guys?
September 13, 2017 7:43am
- A lot of Call of Duty games. The campaign is a decent "tactical" shooter when you set it on Veteran, and I enjoy other game modes like Special Ops and Survival. Even Advanced Warfare had a decent survival mode.

- Homefront: The Revolution. Mixed reviews across the board, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. Same as above.

- nekopara because i'm living cancer
September 13, 2017 7:46am
I goddamn love CoD so much

Also i feel like i shouldnt be enjoying those asian MMORPGs but they're great bc I'm a real stickler for character customization and stuff

Also i'm proud to play eve but holy crap i spend a lot of time and money on it and i'd rather not steam show everyone how much eve stuff i buy its sort of disgusting
In a world of war and conflict, an extermination throws the last great bastion of peace into aggression. In the midst of this, a child sorcerer seeks justice for his fallen home. A repentant assassin and a messenger of the future rush to save their last refuge from destruction. The dead return, backed by a forgotten god. Ideals clash. Morals crumble. And it will not end until one half of the world stands in the ashes of the other.
September 13, 2017 2:28pm
i still play pokemon shuffle every day and i don't know why

dead dA • addictive GPX+ • epic base • closed shop • unwritten fic • generic sign
September 13, 2017 3:35pm
Minecraft. The game is pointless and the community is trash, but every summer I make a new Feed the Beast world and just play it the whole time. When school comes around I don't really have enough time to play it because of the scope of my projects, but I enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, Notch is a badass on Twitter.
September 15, 2017 11:24pm
I play pokemon. i know, embarrassing right?
"Roots starve in gravel, but the dust staves your hunger;
it works its way under your nails and laces itself in your bones.
the stars that watch over you now are strangers - but with time you'll know them, and they you, and
they'll take the compass in your breast pocket
and point it home." - Twiggy, Secret Series

September 16, 2017 8:42am
Ooh I really like the idea of this thread :'D

My guilty pleasure game is probably Petz: Catz 2 for the Wii. It was on mega sale at TRU near the end of the Wii's heyday and I thought it may be a fun Nintendogs-style pet care game but NOPE. It has a story involving a wizard dog that I think you accidentally summon and all of the townsfolk are super mad at you for doing so? Because everybody is mad at you, you go around fixing things that were destroyed by the dog and eventually there's this huge battle at the end and it just felt so WEIRD and I LOVE IT.
October 4, 2017 8:36pm
Otome games! There's no doubt that there's a loser-ish quality associated with them, particularly the more intense they get, although that's true of many things related to the non-real pursuit of affections, worksafe or otherwise.
These lovely little Chao were created By Coolio~ ^^ ...Well, go ahead and pet them c:

Step a little to the left. No wait, the right. Jump! Punch! Spin 'round and round! Now you're dancin' ;D
  Page 1 of 1  1