Announcing the Official Route 50 Discord!

It's officially officialized as official

Page 1 of 1  1
July 17, 2018 9:06pm
Hey there, Routians! No, we're not dead yet. Actually, we've got a very important announcement to make.

As is painfully obvious, our Chat has rapidly declined in activity over the last year and a half. Though it used to be the most popular section of the site, it's been losing popularity for years (just look at the custom chatrooms), and the lobby is pretty much dead these days. Deader than dead. This is only natural. The current Chat system was designed back in 2010 to replace Cbox. While the Chat still functions well and looks great thanks to our hardworking developers, it's certainly fallen behind today's more mobile-friendly alternatives.

With these rising concerns in mind, we, the Staff, would like to invite you all to Route 50's official Discord sever:

Click here to go to the Official Route 50 Discord!

This is a Discord server managed by our developer Navarrdev and monitored by our moderation staff. In the near future, the Official Route 50 Discord will eventually replace all functions of the current Chat system. We look forward to seeing you there!
You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a virtuous heart. Pokémon touch the good hearts of Trainers and learn good from wrong. They touch the good hearts of Trainers and grow strong... Go onwards! The Champion is waiting!
- Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

CaRSP aRiEWoVLotE
July 24, 2018 11:01am
cool beans :^)
August 20, 2018 9:55pm
Sounds awesome!
August 28, 2018 9:43am
I don’t plan to join another discord server. Sorry guys. I would have pointed Pokémon lovers here if they wanted to upload Pokémon art here and having the chat here on site would have helped them feel at home from that other site who hasn’t taken their chat down. Not having the chat and forcing users to create another account on a third party service just to chat live kind of removes user choice and forces on the user yet another thing the user has to keep track of. Not everyone wants to keep up with a third party service to keep in touch. That’s not just how I feel but how others probably feel too.
August 28, 2018 11:31am
@AdamTheFurret, it's become really evident over the last few years that the chat just isn't the way that the members are keeping in touch with each other anymore. Most of us already had discord accounts anyway, as it's become a huge service that most were already participating in to play multiplayer games together etc. so there wasn't really the feeling that we were being "forced" to use another third party service.

For the members here that have been keeping in touch for years, I speak for at least myself when I say I'm much happier to have the discord chat to easily keep in touch with people, with easy control over notifications, voice chats, and all of discord's other features. Regardless, its not like you're at all being forced into using discord at all. There's no reason you can't use the Stream to keep in touch with people here if you feel that strongly - maybe try following....at least one other member to engage with the community.
September 3, 2018 10:19am
Ok. I’ll try to use this site regardless of the chat. It’ll take getting used to though.

Page 1 of 1  1