Isle of Armor Thoughts

Hello again, forums! Come talk about the Isle of Armor!

Page 1 of 1  1
June 23, 2020 8:31pm
By Navarr's grace, it would seem that the forums are back up and running. How about we kick back off with a doozy?

The Isle of Armor came out within the past couple weeks, and I want to hear all of your thoughts on it. Have you played it? If you have, what are your thoughts on it?

I'm personally enjoying my time. The main questline was satisfying enough, and it was a lovely sight to see Pokemon being able to follow you again.
The selection of returning Pokemon was pretty good, especially with key additions like Lopunny and Volcarona, as well as Zoroark.
The Pokedex completion rewards for the area (A golden crown to wear, and a Mark Charm, which increases the rate of Pokemon in the wild having a Mark in their ribbons section) are enough to compel me to complete it, especially since I literally just finished up the main dex last night, which contributes about 100 Pokemon to the Isle of Armor's dex.
The landscape itself is bounds better than the Wild Area! The areas are diverse and coherent, and the fact that I could manage to get lost on the Isle is really a testament to how refreshing things are.
The only major complaint I have is the functionality of the Y-Comm, which seems to have taken a massive hit. It never seems to refresh, even with previous tricks like sending out a card trading request to force a refresh, and even when it does refresh, every single raid is taken by the time you get around to it. I pray that this gets remedied somewhat in the near future.
June 26, 2020 1:48am
I really enjoy the dlc!! The atmosphere is so beautiful, I can't see myself spending hours wandering the wild area again for a long time. 10 hours of wandering in and I still get a little list without the map. I haven't finished the dlc yet though. The music is also excellent.
Bugs are really good friends
June 26, 2020 2:19am
Quote (SpicyCentipede)
I can't see myself spending hours wandering the wild area again for a long time. 10 hours of wandering in and I still get a little list without the map.
God, the level design for the Isle is so much better than the Wild Area... everything feels interconnected in a very natural (or at least free-flowing) fashion; I feel like I'm never gonna fully learn how to navigate without looking at the map, and I think that's a good thing! The way the Wild Area just kinda has two major blobs with a strip in the middle kinda felt like a let-down, but the Isle does it sooooo much better...
  Page 1 of 1  1