Artist's Alliance
Artist's Alliance
Draw 'til we drop
Back Modify Subscribe

Route 50 Calendar

+
XetajaadmSeptember 5, 2012 at 4:43pm

Since we have so many artists, I figured it would be an interesting idea to start a calendar project.

Basically, what we'll be doing is that before the new year, we will have the artists come together and create images for the calendar. Now the question is how we want the calendar format. I've already ruled out the day-based calendar, so we're left with a month-based or a year-based. Month-based would require 12 or 13 images while the year-based only requires one.

This isn't really important UNLESS you're interested in buying the calendar. Either way, though, we'll be making 13 images. One for each month and a cover image.

To make it a group activity, I think it would be best if we had multiple people collaborating on the images. We can also see if we can get some writers or poets to write something short that can also be incorporated into the image. The biggest things about this, aside form having fun, of course, are teamwork and communication.

This will be a calendar for 2013. If you're interested in participating, sign up for some of these months, but do not sign up for more than 1 or 2 unless you're very certain you'll be able to handle them. Things like image themes can be discussed later.

We'll be using a first-come-first-serve basis so if you want to work on a specific month, you're going to have to say so. Once a month has around 3 or 4 members working on it, then it will be considered 'full'.

TO NOTE: If you don't feel comfortable in collaborating, but STILL want to contribute art, please say so and we'll figure something out. Be sure to say whether you specifically want to Collaborate, Solo a month, or you have No Preference.

By the way, I will (most likely) be willing to help out for any month, so if you want me to help out once these 'groupings' are decided, be sure to say so.

. Cover . - Open
-Xetajaadm - No Preference
-:userAkwardphobicsmileyabsol:

. January . - Locked
-Popecool - Collaborate
-Fexibledir - Collaborate

. February . - Open
-Metatyphcool - Collaborate
-Xetajaadm - No Preference
-Kai

. March . - Open
-Shadowcorphish - Collaborate
-Xetajaadm

. April . - Locked
-Miguel
-Cooliocool

. May . - Open
-Poffincool - Collaborate
-Riaha_Qesca - Collaborate

. June . - Locked
-Frosticoord
-Creamsiclecool

. July . - Locked
-Whiskascool
-lil_umbreon

. August . - Locked
-Raicool

. September . - Locked and Completed
-AquaTail
-Metatyphcool

. October . - Open
-Kai - Collaborate
-PokeBoss - Collaborate

. November . - Open
-Kstandir - Collaborate
-MysteriousVaporeoncool

. December . - Open
-:userAngelicUmbreon: - Collaborate
-:userAurore:
-:userShadowsceptile: - ?

. Those willing to participate, but has note yet decided for which month(s) .
-DarkPegususcool

+++++

SIDE NOTE: By the decree of Katadm (JK), it has been decided that we will be using Zazzle instead.

NOW HERE IS THE DEAL.

• All images will be 11" x 8.5". Anything bigger will be cropped, anything smaller will either be zoomed in and lose quality, or leave white spaces.

•If there is going to be any writing, it will either be incorporated into the image, or the image will be moved to have a white space for any captions or whatever. It is important for any writers to discuss this topic with the other people they're working with.

WE HAVE A BASE PRICE NOW. $20.95
Note that base price does not include shipping or tax. I must tell you now, however, that sadly, this is not the original base price. As you can see here, the real base price is $17.85. As much as we'd like for you to be able to buy it at this base price, it turns out we cannot sell the calendar for 0% royalties as we had hoped for.

The minimum royalty for Zazzle or Cafepress is 10%, but people can buy the calendars at their leisure. If we used shutterfly, the price is much more expensive, but I can order all the calendars at once... GRANTED, IF I KNOW YOUR ADDRESS. And I'm pretty sure not all of you would feel comfortable giving your address to a random person online. So we have decided to stick with Zaggle.

Basically, the $2.10 difference is paid to Route 50. Katadm even has a paypal for Route50 business, and all proceeds go there. We really apologized for this.

Remember that this does not include shipping or tax. Shipping and tax will make the price go up even more. For me, when I tried it with the cheapest shipping (which is $3.99 for me. It might vary?), my final price, with Californian tax and shipping included was $26.69.

•Recommended DPI in general is 300, but anywhere between 150 and 300 inclusive is supposedly good. You can submit in any file format, but I personally prefer PNG.

•With the use of Zazzle, this means we will not have any custom dates added like the day Route 50 first came out, Kat's birthday, etc... Sorry.

AquaTail
Heart 
October 3, 2012 at 8:05am
If I was gonna help with the front cover,what can I do? How can I put my drawing or stuff like that there? do I have to send it to you or something?:)
Xetajaadm
Heart 
October 3, 2012 at 11:11am
I'd think that the process of creating the cover should be the same process as how you made the September page? It's just another collaboration.
apsathingscool
Heart 
September 29, 2012 at 12:38pm
I'll do anything besides art because art hates me and I hate art. I could write a little something, maybe? :3
Xetajaadm
Heart 
October 2, 2012 at 12:42pm
That's be great, APSA. Do you have any preference on which portion of the calendar you want to work on that is still open?
apsathingscool
Heart 
October 2, 2012 at 1:47pm
Nope! Whatever works with you is fine by me. :)
Xetajaadm
Heart 
October 2, 2012 at 4:07pm
lol, it's really not so much up to me as it's up to you and anyone else working on that section of the calendar. You can pick out of Cover, February, March, May, October, or December to write for. November already has a writer, but unless you want to work with MV and figure something out? I'm not sure if May or October will take a writer, but you can ask them by posting on their bases. I honestly have no idea what's going on with December. I'm working on the Cover, February, and March and have no qualms if you want to write for those months. :D I'm pretty sure Metatyph, Kai, or Shadowcorphish wouldn't mind either.

Show more comments

Shadowcorphish
Heart 
September 25, 2012 at 8:34pm
I have no artistic talent o-o what am i going to do?!
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 26, 2012 at 3:24am
lolol, don't worry. You can try asking someone to work with you. If not, I'll help you out, unless you're against me helping you. XD
Shadowcorphish
Heart 
September 26, 2012 at 4:27am
Hey, im not against that in any way!
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 28, 2012 at 10:27am
lol, I'm just saying in case you wanted to work with someone else.
Fexibledir
Heart 
September 19, 2012 at 5:15pm
Pope and I are going to lock January. :3
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 19, 2012 at 5:20pm
All right, thanks for saying so.
DarkPegususcool
Heart 
September 18, 2012 at 4:43pm
I believe that I can adapt to where ever I am placed. Just put me in where you think I am most needed.
Lucecool
Heart 
September 18, 2012 at 12:14pm
I'd be glad to help with writing somehow. :D I don't really have a month or team preference. :3
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 18, 2012 at 12:23pm
:D Huzzah, more writing! Hm, no preferences. I think I'll update some news to ask people to see if they want anything written. \ouo/ You're free to join the months I'm in (By my decree since I haven't asked Metatyph or Kai, but I think it'd be fine. Especially February. e_e)
Lucecool
Heart 
September 18, 2012 at 12:26pm
That works for me! :D Just slip me in where you need me.
AquaTail
Heart 
September 15, 2012 at 3:25am
Me and Metatyph decided to lock september now :)
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 15, 2012 at 3:37am
Done and done, thank you very much~
Kai
Heart 
September 10, 2012 at 12:38pm
I think I'll also do February?
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 10, 2012 at 1:00pm
lol, all right then.

Now the question is, do we close off February now, or leave it open for one more collaborator?
Kai
Heart 
September 10, 2012 at 1:01pm
It doesn't really matter to me; you can if you want to, though.
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 10, 2012 at 1:03pm
I'm neutral about it, too, so we can ask Metatyph to decide whether or not to leave it open.
Shadowcorphish
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 3:56pm
Ill help with August!
Raicool
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 3:57pm
I-I'm soloing it...so um. I guess if I end up needing help I'll ask you?
Shadowcorphish
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 3:59pm
oh... then i suppose ill have march
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 4:30pm
lol, wonderful choice. Would you like to try and solo the month or do you want to leave it open for collaboration?

Show more comments

Fexibledir
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 1:29pm
I'd like to help the collab for January~ :D
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 1:32pm
All right, I have you two down.

If you and Pope want to close up January or keep it open to allow for more collaborators, please notify me.
Popecool
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 12:49pm
I think I'll take January, yo! :D And I'd love to collab.
Xetajaadm
Heart 
September 9, 2012 at 1:13pm
All right then, I've got you down. :U Thank you~

Previous Next