Route 50 News
Route 50 News
Your local gazette!
Back Modify Subscribe

Writer's Corner

+
CooliocoolApril 11, 2012 at 2:44pm

~Writer’s Corner~

Hello to all of the wonderful writers here on Route 50! This is your little nook to submit work and discuss the writing portion of the Route 50 Newspaper. I strive to attend to any needs associated with writing articles.

If you'd like to contribute art to the newspaper, click here to redirect to the Artist’s Corner.

We're highlighting the Unova Region with Issue 4!

Specific Articles Needed
- Any sort of analysis articles about Pokemon who are native to the Unova region! Analyses can include competitive battle strategies, as well as details about the Pokemon's popularity, movie appearances, et cetera!

- A Unova where-to-be article/ trip through Unova story which highlights some of your favorite locations in the region.

- Analysis article for the Battle Subway and its mechanics. We'd love to see a section for tips on battling in there too!

- Analysis article detailing tips for each starter choice; what makes each starter a good choice for a player?

- Mystery Dungeon 3DS speculation article

- An article explaining why the Unova Pokemon are awesome as a whole; why we should all give them a chance

- NO Black 2/ White 2 spoilers in your articles, please! We're releasing this issue to celebrate Unova because Black 2/ White 2 are coming out, but some people may not have the games when we release the gazette, so we don't want to accidentally spoil something for them!

Current theme: Unova Region!
- The theme for the fourth issue of our paper is the awesome Unova region! Please don’t feel restricted by the “Specific Articles Needed” above; if it has to do with the Unova Region and its Pokemon, feel free to submit the article and we’ll talk about it!

-We still need other themes, since the newspaper will be somewhat regularly updated. Submit suggestions in the comments below! Themes could include “Stories from your early days on Route50/EHQ” or “Great Pokemon Battles”

-Specific sections of the newspaper include:
Main articles/interviews/analyses
Artist feature
Short stories

-Please submit ideas to this discussion if you'd like a specific section included!

-If your article isn't put into the current theme, or if you'd like to submit one sooner rather than later that corresponds to a pending theme, please feel free to do so by mailing me!

Pending Theme List
Pokemon Theme
Retro Theme
Video Game Theme

Current Approved Authors
apsathingscool
Cooliocool
Lucecool
IcyCastform
Zokercool
twiggycool
Cue

Approved authors are people who have submitted an article to the paper before, so we know that we can count on them to create articles whenever we need them. Anybody can write for the paper, we are always happy to see any submissions people write! We will just trust the approved authors more with creating articles consistently. C:

How it works:
-When a writer wants to submit a piece, it should be sent through Mail to me (Cooliocool). You may add any bold/italics/underlines using BB code in the Mail you send, or you can use an external source that you link to in the mail. I strongly suggest that articles should NOT be uploaded to the Route 50 Gallery before the paper publication date, since that would ruin the mystery of the paper's content!

-It would be extremely helpful if writers could title their article submissions so that the newspaper staff doesn't have to attempt to make one up that probably would not make writers happy.

-There will be a reviewing period where people who would like to give input on the article can do so through Mail (A reviewing period will probably last about a week, but the length can be discussed here). If you are an approved writer and would like to be added to the editing list, send me Mail with a request. I'll reply detailing what you should do with articles during the reviewing period!

-After the reviewing period, any approved writing submissions will be named in this Discussion and eventually placed in the paper itself. We will not publish them in this discussion, it would ruin the surprise for everyone!

-All of the approved submissions probably will not be included in the same paper, but they will be included at some point!

Approved Submissions
"The Unova Region and Fifth Generation!" by Zokercool- An article which overviews the fifth generation legacy up until this point in time

Want to submit an article? Mail Cooliocool!

Thanks everybody! I look forward to seeing all of your awesome work! <3
-Coolio

Chibitogepicool
Heart 
February 17, 2015 at 1:20pm
Oooh how did I miss this?
Cooliocool
Heart 
February 17, 2015 at 2:58pm
Haha oh man the Gazette has been inactive for a long while. It was really fun while it lasted, but interest dwindled so we decided to let it fade into memory. You can still check out the old issues in Hershal's Gallery though! C:
Metatyphcool
Heart 
March 7, 2014 at 9:34am
I know this project isn't really alive at the moment, but I'd like to contribute when it picks up momentum again. I think I can do something in the lines of competitive battling, or something else informative? Just don't make me write a poem or story and it won't be a disaster XD
TheEpicPsyduck
Heart 
July 5, 2013 at 6:06pm
I could write about the legendary pokemon of unova!
mars543
Heart 
June 4, 2013 at 7:14am
cool im doing it right now
mars543
Heart 
June 4, 2013 at 6:36am
thanks so Ill get started on what to do in certain cities but can I use cities for black 2 or just black and white or can I do every region
Cooliocool
Heart 
June 4, 2013 at 6:52am
Just the Unova cities for this issue, since the theme is Unova! C: So Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 are all fair game.
mars543
Heart 
June 3, 2013 at 5:08am
In fact coolio I can do anything requested exept for art cause I suck at art
Cooliocool
Heart 
June 3, 2013 at 2:51pm
Hi there! I was reading through your other comments on the Writer's Corner, and I like your idea of talking about what to do in certain cities. I'm not sure about the little part of your journey every gazette, but I will talk to Miguel and see if he likes the idea!

At this point, I would really appreciate it if you could mail me some finished part of your ideas so I can see how they would work into our Unova paper! C:
mars543
Heart 
June 3, 2013 at 4:56am
also I could give my opineons on requested pokemon
mars543
Heart 
June 3, 2013 at 4:54am
I could do 1 part of the journey every time the news is updated and my ecounters of the legends of unova
mars543
Heart 
June 3, 2013 at 4:52am
I could list all the citys in unova and what to do there or I could write as myself and my journey through unova.
GamerGodPKMN
Heart 
March 3, 2013 at 9:09am
I Could Write An Article On Some Places You (Might) Want To Be In Unova! :3
Cooliocool
Heart 
March 3, 2013 at 12:11pm
Yes, please do! ♥ Mail it to me when you're done! :D
TheEpicPsyduck
Heart 
December 23, 2012 at 6:25pm
I could tell about the legendary and mythical pokemon because I know every unova pokemon!
!
Miguel
Heart 
December 24, 2012 at 1:39am
That would be so great! We would love you to write an article! Cooliocool will get in touch with you very soon! :D

Thanks so much for your interest!

Previous Next