BOOK BROS
BOOK BROS
Rt50 Book Club
Back Modify Subscribe

Book Ideas

+
FrosticoordJanuary 4, 2013 at 5:12pm

Alright, guys! Please post your ideas for books here. They'll be voted on every two months.

Posting a link to a quick summary of that book or including a few words of your own about why we should read it is recommended. Feel free to post more than one book!

Toyguy
Heart 
October 27, 2015 at 10:57am
The Hound of Rowan, first book of The Tapestry series. It's the greatest collision of Harry Potter, Eragon, and Lord of the Rings I have ever seen. 10/10 IGN
Leoparddir
Heart 
September 25, 2013 at 11:50am
"The Bone Season" by Samantha Shannon. It's a new-ish release, and I don't know if it's been released outside of the UK yet, but it's a damn good book. If you can get your mitts on it, I definitely recommend it! It's a book set in 2059 London, which has since been overrun by a dictatoring government named Scion. In this new world ruled by Scion, clairvoyance is illegal, and all voyants - whether they're oracles, dreamwalkers or palmists - are driven into 'underground' societies and gangs to avoid Scion's grasp.
It's got a fair few references to bloody scenes, but it's nothing too bad. I reckon it'd likely be most enjoyed by young teens and young adults. c:
Nepetacool
Heart 
September 9, 2013 at 8:23am
//screams
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride might be a good book fir October.
Larscool
Heart 
April 12, 2013 at 4:25pm
I'd suggest Bluestar's Prophecy, Virals, The Angel Experiment or Pillage. All great books.
Larscool
Heart 
April 12, 2013 at 4:28pm
Bluestar's Prophecy - A bit long, at a hefty 500+ pages and 50+ chapters, but very good. It's by the ERIN HUNTER gang, guys.
Virals - An amazing book about a group of kids and a wolf pup. The wolf pup is infected with a strand of a canine disease that infects the kids, which gives them the abilities of a wolf in certain situations. It has 71 chapters, but they're Maximum Ride short, as in only a few pages.
The Angel Experiment - The first book of Maximum Ride. Just... yes.
Pillage - A book about a boy who moves in with his peculiar family known as the Pillage family. Full of dragons and mystery.
Nepetacool
Heart 
April 10, 2013 at 7:59pm
for May, I'd recommend anything by Rick Riordan (probably the Lightning Thief), The Evolution of Calpurna Tate, or Heart of a Samurai. :0
Fexibledir
Heart 
February 25, 2013 at 12:57pm
I suggest Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke. :D Partly because I'm already currently reading it, but mostly because it's a fantastic book. (I'd give a little summary, but I'm never very good at making things sound interesting without accidentally spoiling them in the process, ahahahah)
Frosticoord
Heart 
February 25, 2013 at 4:23pm
Ohoho, I remember Inkheart! Really nice book u3u
IcyCastform
Heart 
January 7, 2013 at 6:03pm
I know that the first poll is already up, but I highly recommend Redwall, the title book of Brian Jacques Redwall series. While I did read it at the age of 9, it's still an amazing book. Basically, the story is all about anthropomorphic animals that live in a ficticious world. The cornerstone of that world is an abbey called Redwall, which is being attacked by Cluny the Scourge and his pack of vermin. The hero, Matthias, is tasked with defeating the beastly adversary and restoring peace to Redwall!

HUZZAH
Miguel
Heart 
January 5, 2013 at 4:29am
This group is a splendid idea! I love it!
I would like to suggest the following:

A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini
It's easily one of the most immersive books I have ever read.
The story is very emotional compelling and mind twisting!

Here is a short synopsis without spoiling anything:

Born a generation apart and with very different ideas about love and family, Mariam and Laila are two women brought jarringly together by war, by loss and by fate. As they endure the ever escalating dangers around them-in their home as well as in the streets of Kabul-they come to form a bond that makes them both sisters and mother-daughter to each other, and that will ultimately alter the course not just of their own lives but of the next generation. With heart-wrenching power and suspense, Hosseini shows how a woman's love for her family can move her to shocking and heroic acts of self-sacrifice, and that in the end it is love, or even the memory of love, that is often the key to survival.

Any Harry Potter book is also fine for me, and I also love Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking glass
Popecool
Heart 
January 4, 2013 at 7:48pm
A web book club? Sounds pretty cool.

I wish I had a good suggestion, but I don't.
Kai
Heart 
January 4, 2013 at 7:17pm
The Book Thief.
I feel like a lot of people have read it already, but I just wanna put it out there since I love it so much.
Just in case.

Breath.
It's by Donna Jo Napoli, and it's about this boy with breathing problems in Hameln. A plague comes through, and only he and the children are spared from its symptoms.
It's like the Pied Piper with darker undertones, and its got a lot of truth in it.

Any other book by Donna Jo Napoli.
I'm serious, I really love this lady's work.
Daughter of Venice, Zel, Stones in Water, Bound. <3
Nepetacool
Heart 
January 4, 2013 at 6:27pm
Wild Heart: The Story of Joy Adamson
I like it. :3

Previous Next