- Revised/expanded dialogue in first half
to focus on the current situation and not just Sparktail's angst
- Reflects Slick "usurping" the Exile's mantle and not time traveling
- Thalia's emotions are more complex
- Explains that Giratina can't use the Virtues' power and is clearly retreating
- Leads into Volume IV more smoothly. Shock volunteers to take a patrol into Hoenn because Scarlet's meteors subsided.
- Better foreshadowing for the will of the wild, as well as the post-war Hoenn. Suicune says that kill-or-be-killed is not Giratina's ideal but the natural order